Suitable frame rest for abelo poly hives

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schism2k

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Just wondering if anyone knows of any suitable frame rests that work with the Abelo poly hives?

I had previously purchased some from Thornes which work with wooden national hives but the 'gripping arms' do not stretch over and grip onto the Abelo brood/super boxes.

Thanks

I have a frame rest but never used it. I use an empty nucleus box. Keeps the frame really safe, especially if the queen is on it.

I have a frame rest but never used it. I use an empty nucleus box. Keeps the frame really safe, especially if the queen is on it.

Same here.
If you have a poly nuc box you don't need to pay for another piece of kit. If you have no poly nuc box, do as JBM suggests, but you'll be missing out on the most versatile and useful tool in beekeeping.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any suitable frame rests that work with the Abelo poly hives?

I had previously purchased some from Thornes which work with wooden national hives but the 'gripping arms' do not stretch over and grip onto the Abelo brood/super boxes.

Thanks

I like the idea of the clothes hangers, much cheaper than the ones sold as frame hanger!
Unless I find signs of a problem I don't see the need to remove all the frames and mostly check half the box and close up. I just remove the first frame and lay over the first few frames of the box I am checking through. I then, if I need to check more than half a box move it to the frames just checked. Keeps all the bees in the hive and allows them to go back into the hive rather than scrabbling around the outside or dropping on the ground.
S

Put a strap on it and use as a carrying box for tools and smoker.

Sure, so I’m now carrying a strap as well? Do you empty the content every time before putting a frame in?
I have empty nucs around at all times (as bait), so can easily get one if needed as a nuc.
If works for you - great. I just fail to see the point.

Latest posts

Back