Sugar

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylan

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
15 At the moment
Hi Been to Bookers at Hereford today 15x1kg packs of Sugar £11.99 just under 80p per kg
Sign up said restricted to 5 packs due to global shortage ? first I have heard of any shortage or have I missed something.

hi its also cheaper if you buy 2 kg packs from waitrose we ordered 20 kgs driver was a little confused as to why they where delivering that much sugar

Do Tesco have a limit on the number of bags you can buy in one go ?

Not so far.
Much easier getting it delivered, he puts it straight into the garage.
I think you can get £15 off if it's your first home delivery (check this still applies)

No not if you order it,i went into Tesco's a few years back and asked if it was okay to buy a lot of sugar,or would it be better to order it....no the guy on the floor said,just help yourself,so i did, to the entire pallet of sugar,several trolleys full of it,and said i would be back the next day for some more,....they was not amused and said to order in advance the next time...not the guy on the shop floor this time,the manager.

Just ordered 50 bags lol and asked for no shopping bags lol got extra green points

Tesco and Asda were £1.20 for 2kgs. Mrs R will be foraging/checking tomorrow.
If ordering online with tesco try topcashback as there's £5 of 1st order and £15 off orders over £50.Voucher Code XXL4CR
Just ordered 84 kgs for £37.40 delivered.

Last edited:
thanks russ just got 10 quid knocked of my order:cheers2:

opps now i got 15 quid off your the best russ lol

Last edited:
Your welcome.

If you use the topcashback route that will give an extra £5 off too, so £32.40ish bringing it down to 39p per kgs.
Do you think they might wounder why the whole street has got a sweet tooth with sugar only deliveries?

Tesco sugar

Make sure you go for the 2kg bags. Don't buy the bulk 5 kg bags thinking they will work out cheaper, they don't, seperate 2kg bags are chearer per kg.

I asked the cashier if the prices were right, she said they were and that you just need to be switched on and work out the price per kg yourself. :rolleyes:

That code XXL4CR worked for me - excellent - need to spend over 50quid to qualify. 80kg x £1.20 = £48 - £15 = £33/80 = 42p/kg

R2

Thank you Russell, just ordered my sugar, great price!!

At last I've got something right on here?
For those that need a little help.

Russell's guide on how to get white granulated sugar for under 40p per kilo from Tesco, first time online order only!

1. Open a free topcashback account. Admin do you have an account link for the £2.50 referral bonus?

2. Type in Tesco in TCB search bar.

3. Click on Tesco.com cashback, then on "Get Cashback Now" ( this should give you a deferred £5.00 cashback discount ) this takes you to Tesco.com

4. Sign up for an online Tesco account. If you already use them try your mum, auntie etc. Then goto "fresh food and groceries.

5. Search for "Miscellaneous Granulated Sugar 2Kg Parcels" No others!

6. Put 42 bags @ £1.20 into trolly = £50.40, now proceed to checkout. Choose delivery time and date, £2.00 min & £5.00 max.

7. When you go through the checkout procedure it will ask for vouchers etc, type in " XXL4CR " this will give you a £15.00 discount on your first order only, bring bill down to £37.40. If you have any club card vouchers they can be used as well.

8. So with the £5 (deferred payed to you via bacs,cheque,paypal or amazon gv) sign up bonus and the £15 immediate discount code you will get your 42 bags or 84kgs del'd for £32.40 or even less. Simples!

9. If you need more sugar and pay min price, to max discount you need to enroll friends, family, the street as it's 1st order only.

They may catch on with mulitple 84kgs/185lbs sugar only deliveries in one street/area...................till then!:party:

It's great when it works - I always look for vouchers before shopping online. The cashback idea is inspired!

Now where to store all that sugar?!

R2

ps. tried to blag some free sugar from Tesco - despite me being able to point to it next to the stack from which it had fallen they wouldn't let me have it in case it was 'contaminated' - grrrr!

Topcashback have up'd the Tesco sign up bonus to £10 for the next few days, making 84kgs of sugar £27.40 del'd.

Thanks. Already a TCB member but discount well worthwhile even if I store some for 6 months..

Now under 33p per kg can't be bad.
Don't forget to clear cookies before you start the process just in case there's an hicup?

Latest posts

Back