Storing foundation

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

666bees

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 swarms, 1 14x12 nuc, national nuc
Having just received all my foundation for the year would it be best stored in a tupleware box or not?

I use a large version of a tupperware box (60ltr volume) because this protects against any moth or rodent attack - I store in a garage.. I leave the original primary plastic packaging in place as well.
Lay it flat and interleave the packs with a layer of corrugated cardboard to even out the loads and allow some air flow (including under the 'bottom' layer). Goes without saying a cool north facing wall is best - but often easier said than done.

I keep mine in the garage laid flat in a cardboard box until needed. A few days before I fit it in the frames I bring it indoors to warm through or it can be a little brittle and will break.

I use a large version of a tupperware box (60ltr volume) because this protects against any moth or rodent attack - I store in a garage.. I leave the original primary plastic packaging in place as well.
Lay it flat and interleave the packs with a layer of corrugated cardboard to even out the loads and allow some air flow (including under the 'bottom' layer). Goes without saying a cool north facing wall is best - but often easier said than done.

me too

Latest posts

Back