Stolen Dog

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tom Bick

Sorry about this it’s a bit of a downer but I need a bit of help if possible.

My dog dusty was taken from outside a boat I was working on last Tuesday at Midday. I am convinced of this as although he can wander a couple of boat lengths from the boat he never goes any further and I always look out every 10-15 mins to check on him. He just vanished.

Since Tuesday I have been doing everything possible to get him back I have called just about every agency apart from the coast guard that I know about. I have with a bit of help distributed 250+ posters in the area with a number of calls one reasonably good sighting and the others not so good.

He is chipped so if he surfaces he can be identified, I am very positive that I will get him back in time perhaps after the gloss of having a dog wears off from the people who took him, or when they realise although he looks a good dog in fact rabbits run past him and he just does not want to know, or when the innocent people who have bought him take him to a vet and the chip is checked.

My big worry is that he has been moved out of the area and then later dumped and he will be totally lost.

This is a link to a website called Dog Lost and the page dedicated to Dusty. You will see that it has a print poster tab and if you are able to print one off and display one or fix one somewhere that will be great. Dusty went missing in Hanwell West London and I like to think he will still be close.

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=39907

Sorry to hear of your loss, Tom. What a shocker.

Having met Dusty, I can understand why someone might be tempted. He is absolutely typical of his type and a thoroughly lovely dog.

Fingers crossed you find him soon.

We have a wonderful dog and would be gutted...our thoughts are with you and hope he comes home soon

I don't think he's likely to appear in North Dorset but I'll keep him in mind.

He looks like a dog I'd be willing to take in in a heartbeat, as long as he doesn't expect to be pushed around in his wheelbarrow-bed.

Thanks he is the sort of dog that every body tends to fall in love with instantly he does have a few annoying characteristics that if surface may make the people who have taken him think twice.

One problem is his colour makes him virtually invisible at night and if he is out in the open will be laying low during the day and moving at night and sightings may be difficult.

So sorry about your dog, Tom. I hope you get him back safe and sound - keep us updated

Tragic.
My dog goes everywhere with me to work.
I hope you get him back soon.

Tom i am gutted for your lose.
I remember seeing him as a puppy when i visited your workshop a while back.
Hope you get him back soon.

Tragic.
My dog goes everywhere with me to work.
I hope you get him back soon.

So did Dusty well almost.

We were getting like a tag team knowing each others moves looks nods and winks. He was becoming a star with a fan base if I met people I would get hows dusty, wheres Dusty, come round have some food and bring Tom with you.

where i live you get a call after 48 hours of self panic , asking for a £500 "reward" for returning the dog or the dog disapears

Yet to have that call but I have had the wined up I have found your dog call

Tom i am gutted for your lose.
I remember seeing him as a puppy when i visited your workshop a while back.
Hope you get him back soon.

Mmmm got me thinking now Tim I know a few people on the forum will have met Dusty but when I started making the hives he was 4 years old at 6.5-7 still looks like a pup.

Fingers crossed all works out well.

Nice photo Swarm it looks like a true Paterdale but with so many Terrier breeds?

Dusty is unusual in that the dark brown is reasonable the smooth coat is not typical of the breed. Although in the south East it seems it is desirable and I think Breading for cute pets have influenced this and a bit of staffy introduced to get the smooth coat. Dusty is also slightly more solid and rounder in the body than the typical Paterdale and another indication to a slight cross.

Dusty came from a re-homing center the owners could not cope with this bouncy little dog and a new baby.

He was handed in in a poor state ear, eye problems, and skin exma this I know was caused by stress and a bit of inbreeding I recon he came from a puppy farm as we have had a number of inbreeding genetics to deal with operations and procedures.

The exma can still be a problem I know how to handle it with diet and if it looks as though it is going to a certain stage its in the shower my boy and no arguments. If someone has him now he will be stressed and I know he will become an issue and when he starts limping, and his eyes go a bit odd (ingrowing eye lashes) they just may think this cute dog just not worth the trouble.

And then if they take him out for a walk no matter on the size, breed, sex, if Dusty thinks the dog is good fun he wants to mount it and wont stop for no one the mist descends and he has one mission in life, he does not know why he does it, he does not think is this the right end, he has not got the tackle to see it through. I have become hardened to this over the years and proud of the pelvic action but I wonder if the person who took him is ready for it.

I am so sorry Tom. I will keep good thoughts for his speedy return.

I have would be beside myself. He looks like a wonderful boy, I hope you are reunited very soon!

personally to me this does bring up one point, i strongly belive that all vets should routenly scan for tags when dealing with new dogs and old as well as looking for scars due to tag removels.

in fact it should become a standard operating proceedure

Latest posts

Back