Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

elainemary 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
wbc
Number of Hives
Surprised at the veil quality comment, Elaine. My friend has a Sentinel and I was well impressed how clear it was, very similar to Sherriff clear view I thought, Much better than my Ozarmour which seems to catch the light, same with my BBwear suits but I put that down to the age of them
Hi there, my problem with the veil was it came away from the seam, agree the clarity is fine. My bee inspector made the recommendation of tucking the veil inside the suit before washing, but when I called the supplier they said it should be removed to prevent tearing in the machine. Also to keep well away from the Velcro which can also tear it.

Anduril 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
20+
I have a Swienty mesh and ozarmour, the Swienty for me is the best out of the two as it is very robust when it comes to brambles and I have never been stung through it. If you are wearing the mesh gloves or leather gloves, then the weak point for getting stung is the compression the gauntlet part makes due to the tight elastic near the elbow.

Mabee 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Anyone else had issues ordering from the Ozarmour UK website lately?

CaptainCymru 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
dadant
Number of Hives
I have a sentinel , zero stings so far other than through palm of the glove (leather) but that was my fault ,earl morning,zero coffee and carelessness.