Starting out

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All
Half way through an introduction to beekeeping course with my local BKA and thoroughly enjoying it . Reading lots and making notes and chatting with other newbies and of course the guys and girls that are running the course
Planning to get a mentor and spend as much time with experience beekeepers over the next few months getting some hands on experience before I take the plunge next year for my own hives . I
plan on taking things slowly and understanding each stage before I commit,
I’m Hampshire/Dorset borders area
Looking forward to the journey !

That's the way to start out, get hands on experience and work with bees before taking the plunge with your own bees. This forum will fill your head with advice and ideas that will keep you enthralled in this wonderful craft.
It never leaves you.

Hi All
Half way through an introduction to beekeeping course with my local BKA and thoroughly enjoying it . Reading lots and making notes and chatting with other newbies and of course the guys and girls that are running the course
Planning to get a mentor and spend as much time with experience beekeepers over the next few months getting some hands on experience before I take the plunge next year for my own hives . I
plan on taking things slowly and understanding each stage before I commit,
I’m Hampshire/Dorset borders area
Looking forward to the journey !
Welcome from me too. You won’t regret it. ( maybe sometimes 😉)
The important thing is to enjoy what you’re doing.

Back