Sometimes it just works out....

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
I salvaged some rafters with Manley sidebars in mind. So I bought a router sled kit which depends on two timber rails being accurately cut. However my kit is good but not as accurate as I want for this project.

Yesterday I found a furniture maker who very kindly offered to help. He had access to another workshop which was fitted out for joinery production. Massive planer, saw etc. He cut two rails for me to perfection and then refused payment. I said what I wanted the router sled for, making Manley side bars as it happens and he said he had lost his bees. I then said would he like some honey for helping me and he was delighted. I asked if he wanted to have bees and he said very much so, and he is now taking a nuc from me too. Some things are just meant to be.
🙂

PH

Sou ds like you won't be buying hives from manufacturers any more!!😃

That's right Enrico my buying hives days are over. I have all the kit I need to see me out now so all I buy are frames and foundation. I doubt I have another ten years in me so it's cruising time.

PH

Latest posts

Back