Solar Panel Storage Batteries

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, stupid of us to buy it, but when we bought it 20 years ago this sort of thing was pretty far off our radar. If only I had had X Ray futuristic vision then, or could go back in time!! Now I just have to brace myself to try and speak to the listed building officer to see if they might agree to it. Delisting the house is a logistical NIGHTMARE!

Banning the installation (and then no doubt use) of wood burners is already being mentioned. What makes me more infuriated than anything is the fact that our old barn is b***dy listed. It leaches heat, forget double glazing and the south facing roofing that could house 20 solar panels can’t be used for that. When will the Historic England/idiot Listed Building Officers wake up and smell the daisies? Rant over 😆 and have a good day everyone.
In this world of asinine computer planning, construction and building regulations; when you ask for permission, you’re asking them to consider all the possible negatives, including ones you are not aware of. Too often the result is indecision, and respective inaction, its a lot easier to apologise and ask forgiveness than to get permission these days.

In this world of asinine computer planning, construction and building regulations; when you ask for permission, you’re asking them to consider all the possible negatives, including ones you are not aware of. Too often the result is indecision, and respective inaction, its a lot easier to apologise and ask forgiveness than to get permission these days.
It’s what housing developers do regularly. Cutting down trees with preservation orders on them and so on. There was a case in Dorset where a developer built a house that wasn’t on the land he owned, which was next to a wood. He made a clearing, went ahead, apologised and came to an “understanding “ with the council. The house remains.
It will be really interesting to see how the powers that be negotiate around the new regulations, imposing compliance with the green agenda on so many old homes, which will be impossible to bring to the standard required.

.................................It will be really interesting to see how the powers that be negotiate around the new regulations, imposing compliance with the green agenda on so many old homes, which will be impossible to bring to the standard required.
I think the success of that relies on political will. That means being willing to commit time, energy, money and political energy to achieve it – currently I cant see any flavour of government willing to do that.

I know, stupid of us to buy it, but when we bought it 20 years ago this sort of thing was pretty far off our radar. If only I had had X Ray futuristic vision then, or could go back in time!! Now I just have to brace myself to try and speak to the listed building officer to see if they might agree to it. Delisting the house is a logistical NIGHTMARE!
Didn't know it was even a thing. How do you have a house delisted?

That often works but some councils are bloody minded enough to force demolition. It's a risk you take depending on depth of pockets

A friend of mine bought a listed 17th century building, the problem was in the 1960's someone had built a crappy extension before the house was listed, this meant that the extension was part of the listing (as the listing included everything on the site at the time of listing) so he had to get permission to do remedial work to it even though it wasn't part of the original house.

Didn't know it was even a thing. How do you have a house delisted?
With great difficulty. They will fight you every step of the way.
I lived in a grade 1* house, built in 1440 by the master of the rolls for Henry 5th and 6th
Not even allowed to paint the front door !

Latest posts

Back