Soft set honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hachi

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
Is there any kind soul out there who is willing to let me watch them make their soft set honey?

I'm happy to travel

This video may save time.

Made by a member of the forum but seldom posts these days.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLGE-7n0_Ko"]Making Soft Set Honey - YouTube[/ame]

This is the method I use and works very well

I followed another method on a similar thread that uses no seed honey as i was using OSR and it made lovely smooth soft set honey. I just blended it for about 10/15 minutes with the drill.

Can't work out how to easily link from phone, search for beeginners easy soft set honey and it's on a website for rotating technology.co.uk under 'honey'

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

Or alternatively, where can I get one like in the video clip that doesn't cost the earth from Th******

Also the mixer like the one in the video has a reputation for scratching the bottom of the bucket and scratches are not good in food grade plastic.

The tip of the mixing screw should be turned upwards and not just simply cut off with minimal attempt to reduce sharp edges.

Also the mixer like the one in the video has a reputation for scratching the bottom of the bucket and scratches are not good in food grade plastic.

The tip of the mixing screw should be turned upwards and not just simply cut off with minimal attempt to reduce sharp edges.

Where can you get one Tom do you know?

It takes a bit longer but a wooden spoon will do the job for your first go. It worked well for me and no great problem.

It takes a bit longer but a wooden spoon will do the job for your first go. It worked well for me and no great problem.

Somebody I spoke to within the last month said that they use one of those potato masher thingies and without seeding etc. How about mixing by foot like the grape crushers do?

Last edited:
Somebody I spoke to within the last month said that they use one of those potato masher thingies and without seeding etc. How about mixing by foot like the grape crushers do?

Was his name Popeye, and he keep stopping to open cans?

I use a plaster mixing paddle attached to electric drill from nationwide DIY chain.

Are plaster mixing paddles food grade? Thought not. S'pose you use it for your day job as well?

Back