Liquid vs Soft set pricing

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Younger than I look. From Solihull West Midlands
BeeKeeping Supporter
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Got my first batch of soft set honey to sell. Does anyone charge a premium for soft set and by gow much?

Current pricing is £8.99 1lb or £5.99 1/2 lb. Live in Solihull, South B'ham for reference.

Got my first batch of soft set honey to sell. Does anyone charge a premium for soft set and by gow much?

Current pricing is £8.99 1lb or £5.99 1/2 lb. Live in Solihull, South B'ham for reference.
That is a premium for my area

There certainly is huge variation by region and honey type. I comfortably sell 227g jars at £5 (to retailers) and those who want it at the doorstep. There is always a BIG demand for comb honey as well, yet in other areas its not even asked for. Heather in comb or jar is highly sought after here too, but like Swarm I've never been asked for soft set.

Such a massive variation depending upon factors that are directly affected by conditions local to the area (often just a few square miles). The price that I get within the area of my home and from my existing direct customers is far less than a retail outlet that sell my honey that are based in a small boutique, up market, shopping mall in a more affuent village area a few miles away.

I've stopped selling soft set - I have no OSR within flying distance and I found that the sales of soft set were only a fraction of runny honey. I always sold the two varieties for the same price.

Latest posts

Back