Poly Hives - Beebox vs Swienty

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could do with some better weather as well!

If that is year-round, you would need to move a lot south and prolly some east!:icon_204-2: Can't expect to have the best of everything - you have some idyllic/picturesque countryside up there!

Could do with some better weather as well!

If that is year-round, you would need to move a lot south and prolly some east!:icon_204-2: Can't expect to have the best of everything - you have some idyllic/picturesque countryside up there!

Fair comment :)
It's just that when it gets bad it gets really bad - we seem to have had 4 weeks of constant rain...not helped by me and the Mrs going away for the last two sunny days. It rained where we were! 🙁

Eric...
Yes, I am. It's not the most 'active' of associations - not when it comes to supporting newbees, anyway! So, I'm picking most of this stuff up on my own. Could do with some better weather as well!

Our Assocation had virtually no members with polyhives when I joined in 2010. Matchsticks they had...

You can have our weather - lots of rain and gray.. but from what I hear of Kendal it's worse there. God sends the sun to shine on the just , you know:)

Eric...
Yes, I am. It's not the most 'active' of associations - not when it comes to supporting newbees, anyway! So, I'm picking most of this stuff up on my own. Could do with some better weather as well!

Yes they could do better.
Join Lancaster beekeepers instead. They have a great training apiary and lots of interesting talks and a great honey show....well they did when I was there.

You can buy the Swienty poly Langstroth hives from Paynes Southdown Bee Farm (not Jumbos) QUOTE

Paynes do sell Swienty poly Langstroth jumbo brood boxes and metal roofs although they are not listed on their website. Roger will get anything from the Swienty catalogue upon request.

Useful to know, thanks.

Latest posts

Back