Smoker

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linoleum bonypart

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I've just watched the Beeman's video on Facebook of his smoker methods ....I think il go onto this next year ...Using wood pellets
.. this year I've used Hessian coffee bags
Only problem I can think of is if you put too many wood pellets in and finish they will be more of a fire hazard I could use a metal bucket to tip into at the end

Unless it's a Dadant, apparently you need to plug and lay them flat according to JBM. Yet to try mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

A properly 'plugged' Dadant - small or large - will go out when standing upright.

A properly 'plugged' Dadant - small or large - will go out when standing upright.

Cork in the smoker spout and a bit of foam in the bellows in end.

Abello sell a smart tin box to put the smoker in... but far too small for my smoker!

Nadelik lowen

Cork in the smoker spout and a bit of foam in the bellows in end.

Abello sell a smart tin box to put the smoker in... but far too small for my smoker!

Nadelik lowen

I bought an ammo tin from Ebay for mine. Fits a treat. You have to get a certain size though, can't remember off hand.

ALthough, regarding the smoker filling, I may give that ago. I guess I can roll up amazon packaging to make the cardboard tubes.

ALthough, regarding the smoker filling, I may give that ago. I guess I can roll up amazon packaging to make the cardboard tubes.
I found cardboard for the smoker rubbish it also stung my eyes, ill just stick with my tried and tested method of pine wood shavings and dry hay, and when i extinguish the smoker i will do what i normally do and scrunch some grass up and bung the hole, doing it like that saves me on fuel as half of what is in the smoker can be burned again.

I'm currently a pet bedding wood shavings and grass stuffer! Works fine, if a bit tarry.

I'm currently a pet bedding wood shavings and grass stuffer! Works fine, if a bit tarry.

The tar is easy to scrape off when cold not that i have had too do it very often but then again i very rarely use the smoker now, i light it just in case but nine times out of ten it never gets used and it is usually full and ready to light the next time i use it, after a quick shake and shuffle.;)

I've just watched the Beeman's video on Facebook of his smoker methods ....I think il go onto this next year ...Using wood pellets
.. this year I've used Hessian coffee bags
Only problem I can think of is if you put too many wood pellets in and finish they will be more of a fire hazard I could use a metal bucket to tip into at the end

I tried wood pellets and found that they burned very hot and fast. The fuel I usually use is rotten birch wood which burns cool and slow...

There's been a few who have completely forgot about their smoker when they get back into their vehicle and drive over it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back