Small Hive Beetle

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
In today's Littlejohn Column of the daily mail he says that Small Hive Beetle is in Eire inported in bees from Italy.
Do we know if this is true or has he mistaken all the recent hype for fact?

Just read about the inexorable march of African Beetles across the open border …..
I’m sure @Patrick1 will be along soon to clarify the speculation I see on the horizon.

I just scanned the article, there’s no actual report/incident I think he’s just read the hype and made the assumption.

"African beetles are apparently making their way into the United Kingdom across the open border with the Republic. " - stated as a fact that they are.

Are we suggesting that something published in the Daily Mail is not entirely accurate?

Quoting The Daily Mail and asking others to check its veracity seems a bit lazy to me :love: :cool:

In today's Littlejohn Column of the daily mail he says that Small Hive Beetle is in Eire inported in bees from Italy.
Do we know if this is true or has he mistaken all the recent hype for fact?
[/QUOTE
That’s not a mistaken fact it’s just a blatant untruth, probably put about my good friends in the senile dementia ward.

I know most of you realise what we had to go through just to get these bees back, agree or not, I will publish an account of it all warts and all in Bees and other pollinators magazines October issue. For now please accept that every precaution was taken and more, inspected in Italy, inspected in Ireland and a voluntary requested in section at Canterbury near me.

After about a week of being in Ireland they claimed to have found a dead Asian Hornet near Belfast port, the facts are all clear the but like everything else in life it will have its critics and supporters.

Unfortunately, more bees have been imported by smugglers than the legal trade that I was involved in. The local bee inspectors new they were coming but couldn’t catch them at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back