Sloe Gin Sweetened with Honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UEAHoneyBeeMan

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Has anyone ever used honey to sweeten and flavour Sloe Gin?

Not that it needs additional flavour of course but, tempted to try and don't want to ruin a prefectly good recipe by complicating it!

Stewart

You have just reminded me we made some with honey last year. We went for half honey and half sugar. Just decanted a small taster:cheers2:, it seems on a par with those previously all sugar. Not sure I could taste the honey.

You have just reminded me we made some with honey last year. We went for half honey and half sugar. Just decanted a small taster:cheers2:, it seems on a par with those previously all sugar. Not sure I could taste the honey.

Having another small taster:cheers2:

Any further with being able to taste the honey? I thought 50/50 would be a good ratio.

I may have to give it a try just for the taster sessions..... better make a gallon!

Stewart

I shall have to get some of the 100 percent sugar mix out tonight to have a taste test.
Line them up:cheers2:

Rats!
This year is the first time we have no sloes, so cannot try making honey sloe gin (or the usual half gallon of the ordinary sugar stuff).

Sloes normal hang off our hedge like grapes, we probably have 80% less than normal. We do however have 7 bottles of Sloe gin from last year, so not sure I will make any this year.

Rats!
This year is the first time we have no sloes, so cannot try making honey sloe gin (or the usual half gallon of the ordinary sugar stuff).

I've not tried sweetening Rats with Honey! Does it stick to the fur?

Alas, that would be something else quite different!

Latest posts

Back