Sliver linings

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our profession lost our first pharmacist to Covid-19 yesterday. Please please follow the rules fastidiously. Stay at home unless absolutely necessary.

NHS staff will shortly be pushing 12 - 16 hour shifts seven days a week for the next two to three months solid. It puts the slight inconvenience of remaining indoors into perspective.

Eggmann - I'm sorry to tell you that your GP can't diagnose Covid 19 over the phone.
It needs a test to confirm, which you don't appear to have had.
There's a risk you, and your wife, may have just had a seasonal flu. Stay at home, please.
Without proper testing, you and your wife may still be at risk of death.

Covid 19 is scary - you're wrong thinking being fit will save you - being fit doesn't matter, young athletes with no risk factors have died.
What's more scary is how ignorant some of the general public are being - stay at home.

Eggmann - I'm sorry to tell you that your GP can't diagnose Covid 19 over the phone.
It needs a test to confirm, which you don't appear to have had.
There's a risk you, and your wife, may have just had a seasonal flu. Stay at home, please.
Without proper testing, you and your wife may still be at risk of death.

Covid 19 is scary - you're wrong thinking being fit will save you - being fit doesn't matter, young athletes with no risk factors have died.
What's more scary is how ignorant some of the general public are being - stay at home.

:iagree:

My exercise is down at my allotment (well isolated from other plot holders) - it's a small site, only 38 plots and we are all of an age that make us vulnerable but, it would, appear sensible - hand gel, staying apart - the works. What I found extraordinary was the number of (mainly young) people - 16-30 year olds walking around in groups. Certainly did not look like families to me so there is little excuse.

And before anyone starts - Michael Gove has said that it's OK to continue to work allotments - subject to all the appropriate precautions. Other than that I'm in lockdown.

Emyr the world wouldn't be right unless there was selfish people about..
My sister in- law has it and is in hospital with phemonia shes not good at all

Hope she gets well - my brother called from London yesterday to say that he has it, but not too bad at the moment.
Another not so good call from London yesterday we've lost our first fellow officer to it. 30 years old, taking all the precautions as he had underlying health conditions. Glad I'm not on the front line any more.
and if anyone else starts trumpeting the false science of 'herd immunity' at me..........you can guess where that trumpet is going to end up!!

I don't think there are going to be many silver linings to this pandemic ...

No.
Stan spiked a fever of 38.5 last night. He looked bloomin awful. Suspecting the worse I packed him off to bed with paracetamol. Not a tablet to be had in supermarket when I last went but luckily I have a decent stock of liquid from when I was ill.
Miraculously he seems ok today.
Gave me a bit of a scare, mind.

Last time I had my temperature taken, the doctor looked at me and mumbled 'Bad news I'm afraid, Mercury is in Uranus'
I told him I didn't believe in all that astrology mumbo jumbo and he just stared at me and said 'No man! my thermometer just snapped!'

Plenty of pot plants on his Mayfair mansions patio I expect!

I hope he shares it out when they eventually start to consider what "reckoning" measures are going to be implemented due to the recklessness of the Chinese Government, their lack of containment and false news and despicable animal welfare, which have lead to massive loss of life and wreaked economies worldwide.

Blue smoke thinking !

Cancel Huewii or whatever they are called.. involvement in our new communications network for starters

I do not think this particular cloud has a silver lining

Chons da

Last edited:
Plenty of pot plants on his Mayfair mansions patio I expect!

I hope he shares it out when they eventually start to consider what "reckoning" measures are going to be implemented due to the recklessness of the Government, their lack of containment and false news

But enough about HMG - what about the Chinese?

Last time I had my temperature taken, the doctor looked at me and mumbled 'Bad news I'm afraid, Mercury is in Uranus'
I told him I didn't believe in all that astrology mumbo jumbo and he just stared at me and said 'No man! my thermometer just snapped!'

I checked my horoscope the other day. My star sign is Aries. My horoscope said "you may find yourself spending a lot of time at home". Uncannily accurate!!

I checked my horoscope the other day. My star sign is Aries. My horoscope said "you may find yourself spending a lot of time at home". Uncannily accurate!!

Mine is Libra
"Mar 30, 2020 - The planetary alignment indicates that it's time to lay down your bow, and reflect on your aim. If your thoughts are jumbling you in a multitude of directions, it will be difficult, if not impossible to hit your target. Make sure you are getting the rest you need. Proper rest supports your body's proper functioning. Include beets, tomatoes and young dandelion in your diet to help cleanse your liver. Most importantly, focus on developing a habit of mild exercise that you can do nearly every day."

https://www.horoscope.com/us/horoscopes/wellness/horoscope-wellness-daily-today.aspx?sign=7

I do yoga sessions 5 days a week.. What more do they want? Slavedrivers!

Latest posts

Back