Sliver linings

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Show me the honey

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Last day of work tomorrow before company shuts down not great but out of my hands. On the plus side I saw a beekeeper on his way back to his car and thought... ah for the next few weeks I can check them anytime I like! No longer will the wife moan because Saturday or Sunday morning is bee time!!!

Last day of work tomorrow before company shuts down not great but out of my hands. On the plus side I saw a beekeeper on his way back to his car and thought... ah for the next few weeks I can check them anytime I like! No longer will the wife moan because Saturday or Sunday morning is bee time!!!

Wear you beesuit in the car... and make sure smoker is hot in its safe box... or plod may think you are out on a jolly!

Wasson?
Beekeeping
Have a nice day
( Cornish Constabulary have been told to be polite for now, when checking for non vital non keyworker drivers)
Chons da

:
I'd be up for supporting the Fire & Rescue service:winner1st:

Last edited by a moderator:
I fail to see where the danger is of someone in a car - or in some workplaces. People cramming in to tube trains or public transport is just mental. The most dangerous place many of us will be is at the supermarket, unless you work in frontline services - hospitals, pharmacies etc. A clap to all of them!

(Is there a hand-clap emoji here?)

Yes you would never have thought that supermarket checkout staff were some of the people on the front line.
They told me they would feel much happier when they got the perspex screens put up. Lidls are moving to a no cash policy.

clapping-hands-sign_emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type-1-2_1f44f-1f3fb_1f3fb.png

I fail to see where the danger is of someone in a car

If you aren't going to be in close proximity to anyone, then there is none. The risk is if you transport the virus from one area to another.

Probably the greatest risk of infection will be from the policeman that stops you en route.

I think the word "applause" would probably be more appropriate, especially in the world of communicative diseases! :ohthedrama:

At least with the clap*** one is unlikely to end up in an iron lung... sorry showing my age... ventilator !

Gonorrhea, colloquially known as the clap.

Chons da

As someone who was informed over the phone by my GP that I have it and as my symptoms started last Thursday can I drive up to Dartmoor for a walk tomorrow as I can't now pass it on?

The general feeling around here, particularly among the running community, is that the rules are nonsense. My OH is 1 day behind me re symptoms and once the cough and snot clears she wants to get back running. She is thoroughly P'd off as she broke her ankle on 1/12/19 (running on the moor of course) and was just getting back in her stride and was aiming for another 1/2 marathon before the over 70 lockdown arrived. With the Gym closures she can't attend her 3 pilates classes or her hour in the Gym with a PT per week. Yes she's determined not to grow old gracefully

Once you are out of your car you have xx square miles to self isolate.

:leaving::leaving:

Last edited:
As someone who was informed over the phone by my GP that I have it and as my symptoms started last Thursday can I drive up to Dartmoor for a walk tomorrow as I can't now pass it on?

The general feeling around here, particularly among the running community, is that the rules are nonsense. My OH is 1 day behind me re symptoms and once the cough and snot clears she wants to get back running. She is thoroughly P'd off as she broke her ankle on 1/12/19 (running on the moor of course) and was just getting back in her stride and was aiming for another 1/2 marathon before the over 70 lockdown arrived. With the Gym closures she can't attend her 3 pilates classes or her hour in the Gym with a PT per week. Yes she's determined not to grow old gracefully

Are you joking?

Dani,
No I'm not.
Gov. guidelines are self isolate for 7 days from onset of symptoms. After that???
I'm just trying to point out what a nonsense it is threatening to arrest someone who is stuck at home for driving to a viewpoint and then in sit their car to look at the view.

PS To clarify I meant Thurs last week 19/03/20, sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
Dani,
No I'm not.
Gov. guidelines are self isolate for 7 days from onset of symptoms. After that???
I'm just trying to point out what a nonsense it is threatening to arrest someone who is stuck at home for driving to a viewpoint and then in sit their car to look at the view.

PS To clarify I meant Thurs last week 19/03/20, sorry for any confusion.

The government instruction is to STAY AT HOME.
My husband runs. He runs from home.
Why should there be an exception for you?

can I drive up to Dartmoor for a walk tomorrow as I can't now pass it on? Once you are out of your car you have xx square miles to self isolate.

Can you guarantee that on the way you're not involved in a multi-car pile-up that needs three ambulances, two road closures and the use of twenty-nine of the hard-pressed emergency services? Or that while running, your wife damages her ankle again and needs finding and rescuing? As you cannot do so, please subordinate your wants to the needs of the majority.

I think the word "applause" would probably be more appropriate, especially in the world of communicative diseases! :ohthedrama:

At least I didn't say "The clap to all of them" :)

The government instruction is to STAY AT HOME.
My husband runs. He runs from home.
Why should there be an exception for you?

And there, folks is the attitude that probably put us in the hole we are currently occupying

selfish, unthinking, stupid and downright inconsiderate
jumping the virus miles away from source, any gate touched, any fencepost becomes a haven for the virus.
The stupidity of the general populace never ceases to amaze me.
There ain't going to be any marathons this year anyway

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back