Sizzling autumn...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gardenbees

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Did I just imagine seeing 26C forecast for Gloucestershire at the end of next week?! Is it me or is that hotter than it's been for most of summer?*

I suppose the last few virgin queens from supercedures etc. that are flying around looking for mates, will benefit. Assuming there's any drones left.

Weird year. Given that many of us are thinking of feeding about now, what's the betting on a few swarms in October?

[:cool:Forum members from France, Cyprus etc. just bear with me...]

Weird year. Given that many of us are thinking of feeding about now, what's the betting on a few swarms in October?

Oh no, am I doing something else wrong? :banghead: Thymol + syrup + bees busy with lots of ivy + lots of gardens full of Sedum and other late flowering stuff and yes, the Met says 25-26C here on Wed-Fri

I hope the following winter of discontent is not going to give us the bee freezing minus 15 degrees.
and below.........................

I will be following my Canadian cousin and bringing the hives into the cellar !

I deliver fuel and we get the long range forcast, and we have been told the same, hot this week, but then snow mid next month, which means our prices like everyone elses will be going up, so get your fuel as soon as you can afford it.

I deliver fuel and we get the long range forcast, and we have been told the same, hot this week, but then snow mid next month, which means our prices like everyone elses will be going up, so get your fuel as soon as you can afford it.

Just filled up :)
It's not just fuel......I popped into my local bakery suppliers for fondant and was told it was going up by 30% next month.

It is because I haven't done my Apiguard yet. Thank you.

nope, I'm one of the swarm co-ordinators for the Norfolk BKA, and indeed had a call about a colony swarming. the parent colony is ensconced in the eaves of a house.

I have scout bees all over the bait hives that I have been to lazy to take in.
Me thinks I will have to go through my hive tomorrow and check for queen cells...

You may have bees all over your bait hives but are they scouts?

I very much doubt it.

I strongly suspect that you are looking at foragers looking for an easy tummy fill.

PH

From an observation point of view, I have'nt seen a bee anyway near the bait hives for about 2 months until today, plus all my hives are still bringing in tons of ivy, which makes me think something out of the norn is going on.
But of course you could be right, after all, it's bees we are dealing with here... :)

Last edited:

Long range forecast i have shows a breakdown of the hot weather on the 1st October but another warm spell late october and breaking down with a very bad storm swell at the end of october

Im still waiting for the sizzling bit to start never mind the break down. About 14c here today

Its hard to believe we live on a small island when I read the weather other people have. I do live in an area with its own micro climate

Its hard to believe we live on a small island when I read the weather other people have. I do live in an area with its own micro climate
:coolgleamA:Awww... sorry bout that! It's a glorious, hot summer's day here - blue sky, rising temperatures, bees going crazy foraging not just on ivy but also late garden flowers. I feel a nice long bike ride coming on....

You can get your revenge when all the southerners' bees swarm in mid-October:eek:

Latest posts

Back