Simon the beekeeper testimony

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenovice

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Aim for 4 but tend to end with 15
When they get it right we should also mention it. received 100 sheets of foundation. Postman had been a bit rough with them. Sent a picture to Simon the beekeeper and an offer to replace or refund was given without hassle. Thanks Simon (or in this case Lisa who dealt with it).

I think it's the eBay environment, too many negative feedbacks will put you out of business. The customer is always right even though eBay has more than its quota of scammers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I've purchased a few items from him over the winter, excellent service every time.

Yep have to say many items ordered and first class service all the way

I bought an extractor from him. There was a manufacturing problem with it. He replaced it promptly and without quibble. Definitely a recommended supplier.

Faulty bee veils

I bought a bee suit from Simon the beekeeper for my father for Christmas. The mesh on the veil split creating large holes which bees got through and stung my father on the face. A fellow beekeeper who bought 2 suits from Simon the beekeeper at the same time had the same problem with the mesh in the veil splitting within 5 months of purchasing.

Having now researched Simon the beekeeper on the internet, I can see that months prior to my purchase, other customers had the same problem with the mesh on their veils but Simon the beekeeper refused to replace their veils if they had been purchased more than 6 months ago.

It is shameful that a beekeeping supplier KNOWINGLY sells bee veils whose mesh splits creating holes in them. I will not be buying any products from them again.

I bought a bee suit from Simon the beekeeper for my father for Christmas. The mesh on the veil split creating large holes which bees got through and stung my father on the face. A fellow beekeeper who bought 2 suits from Simon the beekeeper at the same time had the same problem with the mesh in the veil splitting within 5 months of purchasing.

Having now researched Simon the beekeeper on the internet, I can see that months prior to my purchase, other customers had the same problem with the mesh on their veils but Simon the beekeeper refused to replace their veils if they had been purchased more than 6 months ago.

It is shameful that a beekeeping supplier KNOWINGLY sells bee veils whose mesh splits creating holes in them. I will not be buying any products from them again.

So it looks like you signed up to the forum just to write this.

Not the best way to introduce yourself for a first post.

I bought a bee suit from Simon the beekeeper for my father for Christmas. The mesh on the veil split creating large holes which bees got through and stung my father on the face.

Simon the beekeeper sells reasonable quality goods at a competitive price. He has a good reputation for customer service when an occasional product may be sub-standard. However, you can't expect him to offer an indefinite guarantee. Who knows why the veil split?
It may be that Simon the beekeeper received a faulty batch, or, it may be accidental damage outside of his control. We simply don't know. The fact is, he set a time limit of 6 months use, which sounds reasonable (if it were a manufacturing problem, surely it would have occurred within that period).
I doubt that he knowingly supplied faulty goods. In any case, 6 months use takes you to June, so, your father would have used the product for somewhere in the region of 3 months before the problem occurred. It's now October. Couldn't you have addressed this earlier?

Bought x6 bee suites from STBK 6 months ago for our beginners. No problems with the kit. Bought a couple for myself over 12 months ago and still functioning fine.
As said earlier may have been a duff batch

The suit I have from STBK the mesh has now started to spilt and the zip can be abit dodgy but has lasted me 2 seasons and for the price I payed i feel happy with it

Another happy customer here bought suits for my daughter & myself for the price I have no complaints they work and do the job. Yes I could have got better quality and paid much more £££. Also bought a starter kit, smoker, hive tool etc etc, again everything works as it should. Delivery was super fast and I will use his services / equipment again

Simon is one of the good guys in beekeeping supplies - I've never had any cause to complain about either his products or his customer service - obliging, helpful, quick to respond ... good value products. One post from the Scottish Beekeeper to complain about a supplier who has a good name on here .... ?? Should be removed ...

Seems to have been a long running smear campaign against Simon on the BBKA FB page - seems like they're trying to spread it on here now.

That does seem to be the case. My dealings with him have been very limited, though entirely satisfactory. But I frequently meet people who have bought repeatedly from him, his own brand of bee suit/jacket seems to be very popular here and the consensus is; it's a quality garment sold at a remarkably reasonable price. For the record I have never heard a complaint about either his service or his goods. He must be hurting someone with his prices?

Latest posts

Back