Shortage of Apiguard?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pansypots

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi, is it me or is there a shortage of Apiguard? I’ve finally managed to find a place with some in stock but most places are sold out with re-stock at the end of August. Is it a bad year for varroa or are there loads more beeks treating?🤷‍♀️

Quote from BeeEquipment website....
"Due to problems with manufacturing, Apiguard is not due in stock until the last week of August. All orders placed before then will be dispatched as soon as it arrives".

Hi, is it me or is there a shortage of Apiguard? I’ve finally managed to find a place with some in stock but most places are sold out with re-stock at the end of August. Is it a bad year for varroa or are there loads more beeks treating?🤷‍♀️
Or is it the fact that many pharmaceutical/chemical producers are prioritising and diverting production to other lines as they think keeping people safe from Covid takes precedence?

Well whatever the reason it’s like gold dust! I considered using MAQs but last time I did that I couldn’t down the orchard to the chickens for two days; had to climb over two fields and two gates to get to them!😄

Well whatever the reason it’s like gold dust! I considered using MAQs but last time I did that I couldn’t down the orchard to the chickens for two days; had to climb over two fields and two gates to get to them!😄
I ordered apiguard from Bee Eqpt Ltd at the beginning of the month, and although it said 'expected at the end of Aug' on the website, it arrived a couple of days later. Might be worth a look.

Back