Shed recommendations?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are like me and use my shed as a workshop for making beehives the bigger the better, a nice solid bench screwed to the wall and floor and an area for storing wood flat

As I mentioned, I had earmarked a shed from a local garden centre, because it looked fairly 'bee tight'.. the doors overlapped the frames, there were no discernable gaps on any side of the doors, or on any other panel/join.
e that for my bee equipment.
An idea, if security is not a problem but being bee proof is, you could look at a poly tunnel. Welded seams, some even have zipped doors.

TB - what does she keep in there? a small plane? very tall horses (giraffes)?
The OH (Tracie) designed and built ( with help from a few mates) the studio (She's an artist )
it is 18ft x 10ft clearspan, with an 'upstairs' storage area.
10ft x 3 ft work bench, lightbox/easel (for airbrush work) comfy sofa, and a pot-bellied stove.
all framework built from reclaimed wood, new insulation, cladding and a 'torch-on' roof.

An idea, if security is not a problem but being bee proof is, you could look at a poly tunnel. Welded seams, some even have zipped doors.

How about a tent? Completely bee proof and very cheap.
Actually, I've got about 3 tents stored under the bed - might get them back into use:)

Latest posts

Back