Sending Honey to EU

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have thought the post Brexit changes/charges now incurred would make it prohibitively expensive as a business.

Howver, my only experience is in sending a bicycle to Germany; for my own use - an industry of middlemen has been created out of nothing.

How does it work in the reverse situation ? amazon seems to have no problem shipping many items in either direction. I recently purchased some commercial window cleaning poles from Belgium without any problems. Do we have problems due to spite from 1 or both sides ... I think we do

I've sent honey to Germany. It got returned the first attempt. On the second it got through. Filled in the CN22 declaration both times, but on the second attempt I put more info including where the honey was from and that it was labelled in accordance with EU requirements

Don't know about post but UK customs wouldn't allow my cousin to take a jar in baggage on the plane back to NL.
that would have been some jobsworth in 'security' and not BF - small amounts of honey (a coule of kilos or so IIRC) in hold baggage are allowed to most countries (Australia being one exception) liquids in hand baggage are of course restricted because of anti terrorist concerns

Latest posts

Back