Selling honey in larger containers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idg

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have a few customers who buy 12 oz jars 6 and 9 at a time( I sell them for £3.50 each or 3 for £10). They are Asian families and I think they are cooking with the honey. I would like to cut down on packaging by selling in larger jars/pots. Maybe 1kg or even 2kg. Can anyone suggest a nice solution? Has to be cost effective and cheaper than the equivalent jars.

I don't have a specific suggestion, but an observation - the cost effective requirement would be much less of a concern if you asked a reasonable price for your honey. £3.50 for 12oz is giving it away!

At that price they could be moving it on for another £3 profit from the corner shop.

Glass jar suppliers would have bigger jars like 1 or 2kg, or even bigger like a sweet jar.

I don't give any discounts unless the customer buys at least 10 jars, I charge £5 for a 12oz Jar. I have to say that if they wanted it in larger containers I would still charge around £4 a 1lb. I will say at £3.50 a 12oz jar is giving it away...

Am sure ive seen in thornes small 1kg mini honey type buckets google them up and have a look

To many sell at far to low prices but I feel this is basically because they don't realise that they can get far higher prices. Its easy to try high and lower if needed.

C Wynne Jones and Freemans sell 1.2 Litre buckets which hold 3lb. I sell these for £15 and 12 oz jars for £5.

I use a 500f round food jar from Wynne's , holds 900 grams and sells for £15.

Latest posts

Back