Extra Large honey containers and using customers own honey jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsp

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Hi

I’ve had requests for larger volumes of honey. Around the 2kg mark. I can’t find competitively priced containers online. Does anyone know of any?

Also, where do we stand with filling a customers own jars or containers at a farmers market. Is this allowed.....

Thanks for any help

Dan

If you're OK with plastic tubs then all the usual suspects sell them. That's what I use for my neighbours. The return their empties and I fill them. I wouldn't do it at a farmers' market but OK from home

OK from home

Sorry Erica but I would only do it for people you knew well and even then its not really ok. You can reuse thoroughly cleaned jars but use new lids. Honey should be labelled correctly even if you are giving it away. Its your product at the end of the day but I would suggest its in your interest to control the quality and style of presentation.

Sorry Erica but I would only do it for people you knew well and even then its not really ok. You can reuse thoroughly cleaned jars but use new lids. Honey should be labelled correctly even if you are giving it away. Its your product at the end of the day but I would suggest its in your interest to control the quality and style of presentation.

Presentation? I’m selling to my farmer neighbours. They would take it away in a feed bucket! My honey sells itself without embellishment and none of my farming friends have died yet.

Presentation? I’m selling to my farmer neighbours. They would take it away in a feed bucket! My honey sells itself without embellishment and none of my farming friends have died yet.

Ha ha do they reciprocate with Raw milk from the tank?
Tastes so much better than processed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ha ha do they reciprocate with Raw milk from the tank?
Tastes so much better than processed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes I make cheese in the summer. In winter, no as Emyr says, it does taste different on silage.

Quite so, and honey should only be sold in 1lb round jars with screw on metal lids.

Not so.. have you looked at the available sizes of jars on the market to cater for everyone's requirements, you might be surprised to see 12oz jars are pretty popular.

Edited to add that is if you are not taking the pee.. lol

thanks. helpful comments. i wasn't planning on filling their container onsite. Rather to drop it off and collect next week :)

sounds like will need to use single use containers. its a shame, as so wasteful and not very ecofriendly.

thanks. helpful comments. i wasn't planning on filling their container onsite. Rather to drop it off and collect next week :)

sounds like will need to use single use containers. its a shame, as so wasteful and not very ecofriendly.

The Italians know their stuff. Take your plastic water bottle to a shop with the sign "Vino Sfuso" (loose wine) and get it filled up straight from the barrel.

Your just need a sign that reads "Miele Sfuso" and your sorted!

Latest posts

Back