• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

selling honey 2013

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex mns

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
>130
I`m interested to sell a larger quantity of honey If all goes well this year.
I estimate production at several tons, varieties of honey rape, acacia, lime, polyfloral.

Not going to sell much to beekeepers, are you? Not unless the season is far worse than last year.

We are all interested.......if we had that amount! Is it being produced by your bees or are you buying it in!

O P is referring to Romanian honey, I think.

I really must read all the details before I post! Sorry didn't realise you were in Romania good luck to you

Hijacking the thread slightly, but just came out of Waitrose and they are selling 454g honey at £1.78 - buy 2 get one free!
labelled as EU and Non-EU and "blended to taste like toffee"

It's supposed to taste like Honey!!!

What chance for UK beekeepers?

Should say 'over heated to taste like toffee and remove all natural flavourings!'

In bulgaria the going price for selling large amounts of honey is 4 lev (£1.74) if you bye it in a 1kg jar your looking around 6 lev (£2.64) hope this helps. can anyone advise me on finding out prices across Europe please.

Just paid about £4.80 for 340g of local in the village shop; that's possibly a bit over the top, but genuinely local

I'm not sure it is legally labelled though. Is a .www address and no name permitted?

David

Hijacking the thread slightly, but just came out of Waitrose and they are selling 454g honey at £1.78 - buy 2 get one free!
labelled as EU and Non-EU and "blended to taste like toffee"

It's supposed to taste like Honey!!!

What chance for UK beekeepers?

Every chance when people realise what honey should taste like.

:iagree:
Daughter of my mother's friend eats a lot of honey (in her tea, coffee and on food) and was more than happy with the sh!t that Tescos sells - she had a taste of my honey a few months ago and now refuses to eat anything but (down to my last few jars now and panicking!)

Better ensure that your mother's friend has lots of spare cash . . . She may be happy to pander to the daughter's expensive tastes, but not sure that you should be made to . . .

Maybe she sees your honey as not even costing £1.74 per pound. Don't you just love friends?

My brother thought my honey was super. This is really something you could sell he told me in an email. he even had six people all lined up for honey. So I told him the price and he went sort of quiet . . . predictably!

hi all

I returned today from bees, even if it snowed last day the beez are ok.
Speaking about the announcement posted by me in recent years some of the honey was taken in Germany 200-300 kg/ per year Acacia honey humidity of 16% all analyzes were good. because production is much higher I`m looking for other places where I can sell the honey. I remain indebted if anyone has any idea where I can sell a larger quantity wholesale. besides honey also produce pollen and propolis in the past we have produced royal jelly and bee venom but prices were too small and was too much work. next week I'll go back to bees;I will try to find some photos to post here.

quality of honey from romania is recognized worldwide
Even Prince Charles has ordered 100 jars of honey from Transylvania
http://stirileprotv.ro/stiri/actual...tazi-a-ajuns-in-judetul-mures-la-saschiz.html

Thanks for your time

Do they have vampire bees in Transylvania?

hi were are you in romainia is acaia your main type of honey what sort of quantitys are you talking about?

cheers phil

hi were are you in romainia is acaia your main type of honey what sort of quantitys are you talking about?

cheers phil

hi,
because we move from side to side we are able to reach three productions per season of acacia honey, last year it was a bad year for acacia honey only 800 kg in 2012 the total quantity of honey was 4600 kg, but in 2011 we made 3800 kg of acacia honey. Besides that we also produce rape, lime, polyfloral and sunflower honey.

if you need a larger amount of honey (10, 20 tones...)I can contact more beekeepers

best regards

Back