season starts

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bristol this morning bright and sunny... Bodmin... dank cold, freezing rain and mud everwhere!
Bristol, snowdrops and the odd primrose plus the delightful aroma of Daphne just flowering in the little park opposite my town flat... turning off the motorway down the A30 it seemed as if I was going into the frozen wastes... crossing the Somerset Levels in the Smart Car I was buffeted by strong winds, and felt for those poor souls who now have the River Parrott flowing through their living rooms.
How many hives got drowned there I wonder?

Snow. sleet & rain ALL bl**dy day.

Come to the West Country for your holidays??

The odd silly bee outside of the entrances very briefly.

Tim

Had the first camellia`s starting to flower in the garden today, and what looks like daisy`s in next doors lawn :sunning:

Gale force winds blew the steel roller shutter doors out of it's runners and into the workshop, amazing how wind can distort steel

Horrible day today in South Hampshire ... started off bright and sunny and descended into hail, rain and now this evening gale force winds to help things along. Amongst all this carnage I have a geranium in a hanging basket left up since last summer that is flowering !! Completely mad ....

Wonderfully day today in West London went to check on all but one hive and a lovely sight bees flying strong and good loads of pollen entering if I thought the season started for me a couple of weeks ago the bees told me today they have definitely started. Just hope they can continue what looks like good build up.

I like the one of the London sign pointing skywards, and the gone off food one.

I like the one of the London sign pointing skywards, and the gone off food one.
Thats not gone off food its Croatian strudel made by my mother in law on a visit to see us (thus the London sign).
It seems either all albums are public or none so I guess its better to just leave public.
I should perhaps add some better personal photos!

Thats not gone off food its Croatian strudel

Job to tell from the picture, perhaps you could put some sub titles on them, was going by her smelling it at first, then putting it above her head, then pushing it away from herself on the table, but not eating it.

I think we may have had a few drinks that night.. :). Not quite sure why we had a strudel photo shoot otherwise!

Back