Sales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dani,
I had a conversation with someone yesterday who didn't purchase from Lidl but bought the equivalent online (silvercrest?) They said that the heater times out after 3 hours. Does yours do the same?

Mine goes on indefinitely just keep turning the time knob until you hit the infinity sign

I would really love to be in a position to actually be tempted to the 'The middle of Lidl', however the simple deterrent of an 8 hour round trip by vehicle to the nearest shop simply quenches any desires or even purchases - do they deliver?

Careful what you wish for, I have a lidl and Two Aldi's within a mile of me

Careful what you wish for, I have a lidl and Two Aldi's within a mile of me
have a word with one of them then - we could do with just one of either down here to give the overpriced Tesco express and Co-op some proper competition. On the positive side we have two more distilleries due to be built in the area soon.

have a word with one of them then - we could do with just one of either down here to give the overpriced Tesco express and Co-op some proper competition. On the positive side we have two more distilleries due to be built in the area soon.
I assume they are whisky distilaries. We have small gin factories around here. I think I counted 10 within about a 12 mile radius last time I looked!

I assume they are whisky distilaries. We have small gin factories around here. I think I counted 10 within about a 12 mile radius last time I looked!
Thats a lot of gin! Yes, whisky, we have a good gin producer at Torrisdale - Beinn an Tuirc Distillery making Kintyre gin. All power by their own hydroelectric.

Thats a lot of gin! Yes, whisky, we have a good gin producer at Torrisdale - Beinn an Tuirc Distillery making Kintyre gin. All power by their own hydroelectric.
I think the Gin is a very “in” thing since the repeal of the Gin Act in 2008. Small companies set up in industrial units, buy in spirit and flavour with botanicals.
Several locally have started and gone bust within a few years.

I think the Gin is a very “in” thing since the repeal of the Gin Act in 2008. Small companies set up in industrial units, buy in spirit and flavour with botanicals.

I'd heard that's what a lot of them do. I've never investigated further as I don't particularly like gin.

James

And many actually do distil. It's become a lot easier to set up a smaller distillery now that the bean counters have swung the axe at the revenue men. No longer does each distillery have to have their own officer which they had to accommodate on site and who held the keys to everything (nothing moved without the officer's say so). It's all self auditing now and run on 'trust'

How many folk on here have them? I like mine @beeker gifted it to me. :)
it is a Silverline and i pressed the timer and hey presto....the sideway 8 figure appeared which im hoping is infinity

still want a photo?

I feel I must have missed out on this whole jam maker thing. Does no-one use them for making jam any more?

James
The name jam maker is wrong. It can be used for bottling and preserving fruit, canning if you like. The maximum temperature it reaches is 100C

Back