Sales

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. I'll give the Marigolds another whirl and see how I get on. If it's still no good then I'll be in touch :)

James
Aldi sell a good brand if you can find the right size, I have been known to try before you buy instore, large fit me.

That could be an adventure. I don't think I've ever been in Aldi :D

James
An adventure indeed - you'll go in for a pair of gloves and come home with with a two man tent and a trombone

How would anyone recognise me? I've never been there! :D

James
It's not the people inside you have to worry about it's the friends and neighbours who are driving past on their way to Tesco that might recognise you and tell everyone that you've been seen entering an Aldi !

I'll give you a tip before your adventure ....you'd better have your card or cash in your hand and ready when you get to the till because the cashiers are trained to work at warp speed, your shopping will come off the end at the speed of sound .... and don't even THINK about trying to pack you shopping into a bag at the cash desk .... rent a trolley and hurl you stuff into it then pack your stuff away from the cash desk !

It's not the people inside you have to worry about it's the friends and neighbours who are driving past on their way to Tesco that might recognise you and tell everyone that you've been seen entering an Aldi !

I'll give you a tip before your adventure ....you'd better have your card or cash in your hand and ready when you get to the till because the cashiers are trained to work at warp speed, your shopping will come off the end at the speed of sound .... and don't even THINK about trying to pack you shopping into a bag at the cash desk .... rent a trolley and hurl you stuff into it then pack your stuff away from the cash desk !
Better tip: do not take your card but decide online what you want first and take the exact amount in cash. Attempt to go straight to what you want and then to the till to pay, without looking at anything else.

Better tip: do not take your card but decide online what you want first and take the exact amount in cash. Attempt to go straight to what you want and then to the till to pay, without looking at anything else.
There's no fun in that .... Have you never tried to resist that big human magnet they have secreted in the back of Aldi's major competitor .... Lidl ... The hidden force even has a name - It's called Lidl in the Middle !

There's no fun in that .... Have you never tried to resist that big human magnet they have secreted in the back of Aldi's major competitor .... Lidl ... The hidden force even has a name - It's called Lidl in the Middle !

I don't think I've ever successfully resisted The Middle Of Lidl. I now mostly limit myself to watching their website. It's cheaper!

I don't think I've ever successfully resisted The Middle Of Lidl. I now mostly limit myself to watching their website. It's cheaper!
Some years ago I was creating a shower room. Mainstream shower mixing valves were over 250 pounds but lidl had thermostatic mixers for sub 30 pounds. I bought one and it works a treat. After a while they came back into stock so I bought another as a spare for the future. The original is fine and no doubt will be for many years to come.

I would really love to be in a position to actually be tempted to the 'The middle of Lidl', however the simple deterrent of an 8 hour round trip by vehicle to the nearest shop simply quenches any desires or even purchases - do they deliver?

I'm always on the lookout for their "Jam Maker" I have two, one for honey and one for cleaning the odd frame (though I don't do many). I could always do with another.....couldn't I?

I'm always on the lookout for their "Jam Maker" I have two, one for honey and one for cleaning the odd frame (though I don't do many). I could always do with another.....couldn't I?
Dani,
I had a conversation with someone yesterday who didn't purchase from Lidl but bought the equivalent online (silvercrest?) They said that the heater times out after 3 hours. Does yours do the same?

Dani,
I had a conversation with someone yesterday who didn't purchase from Lidl but bought the equivalent online (silvercrest?) They said that the heater times out after 3 hours. Does yours do the same?
If you keep pressing the advance it will go past three hours to infinity....
It's Silvercrest so It might have been Aldi...

Have you never tried to resist that big human magnet they have secreted in the back of Aldi's major competitor .... Lidl
In fact the Brynmair food shopping at Lidl was actually a progression on from me just popping in to check out the middle aisle!
just had a bargain last week actually, a dozen or so assorted bungees - just in time to replace the last lot I bought there about five years ago which are beginning to look tired. Just the job for securing the lids of chicken food bins, securing nucs when moving from apiary to apiary - and holding field gates open whilst you reverse in.

Of course you could ... I have an old baby burco that I use for frame cleaning - picked up for a tenner on Gumtree, not the prettiest piece of kit and I had to replace the switch (£8) but it does the job.

I would really love to be in a position to actually be tempted to the 'The middle of Lidl', however the simple deterrent of an 8 hour round trip by vehicle to the nearest shop simply quenches any desires or even purchases - do they deliver?
Lidl don't as yet but Aldi do... however, you have to check your location on their website and insert your postcode which will give you the options available.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/customer-services/delivery

Latest posts

Back