Rwc 2015

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a contact of mine in the Met. police called me this afternoon, apparently a bit of a crisis in London, Chris Ronshaw has gone missing - it transpires that, not only is he devastated at England's drubbing at his hands yesterday but the silly arse went and bet every penny he had on England thrashing Wales, they think he may also have borrowed money from dubious sources to maximise his return, last time he was seen he was muttering about trying to get some petrol, dousing himself in it before setting himself alight and throwing himself off Tower Bridge.
To be honest, I feel really sorry for him - not his fault he was born English was it? So in the spirit of good sportsmanship and being magnanimous in victory I've decided we should help him out and have thus organised a whip-round, so please give generously....................................................................

So far I've managed to collect ten gallons of unleaded and a few cans of lighter fluid :D

Something the English find hard to grasp, so I have no qualms about making a joke of it - some of the comments I have seen today have been hilarious if the weren't so pathetic - one English supporter demanding they pull the carpet from under the rest of the tournament because they lost the match!!!
Oh dear

Dunno how people can get to a certain age in life and still use terms like 'the English', 'the Welsh', 'the Scottish' and then go on to assume they have a collective personality.

My name is Simon. Pleased to meet you. I happen to live in England.

Dont be such a twit.
What you are writing is simply antagonistic.
I am Welsh and proud of it but your posts are going over the edge

Last edited:
Yep
The usual Figian unpredictability and hunger to run the ball made a makeshift Wales team look quite ragged at times.
The "Group of Death" is living up to its name in more ways than one as the top teams batter themselves to bits.
Tomorrow should be intertesting.

Great Try by Fiji last night
:iagree:
Super south sea specimens against a tired welsh outfit at times last night. Lacey didn't help, he had a stinker with the whistle.

Who would have thunk it, Japan beating Samoa, in other news Wales will now definitely qualify from the group:)

Yes....well done Japan .....and Wales.
England? Hyping up their performance no end seems to have the same effect it does on the soccer team.
Did you see the fans leaving before the final whistle?

Yes....well done Japan .....and Wales.
England? Hyping up their performance no end seems to have the same effect it does on the soccer team.
Did you see the fans leaving before the final whistle?

Those "fans" were probably anxious to catch the footie on the telly or something.
I feel for genuine English rugby fans, I remember the desolate feeling in 2007, life goes on.
The shackle draggers second try was a thing of beauty, I'm relishing the prospect of next weekend, it'll take some effort to contain them.

Fair play to Austria they were on top of their game last night. Thought some of their passing and movement was much better than England and the speed they moved the ball out did England in the end. Never mind onwards and upwards but still gutted.

What's with this 1920's throwback look with the all blacks? And why are refs scared to penalise the cheating wosnims?
Three penalties, another scrum taken down and instead of a penalty try, the ref calls 'use it.'
Disgraceful.

What's with this 1920's throwback look with the all blacks? And why are refs scared to penalise the cheating wosnims?
Three penalties, another scrum taken down and instead of a penalty try, the ref calls 'use it.'
Disgraceful.

:iagree:
Lacey was craven, again!
Tonga did waste the chance tho, you have to score from there if the refs obviously not going to give you a pt. Twice he should have given it, also the tip tackle by nz was just a penalty while Tonga got a yellow, grossly inconsistent.
Good game though and anybody coming up against the all blacks should take note of the inroads the Tongan's made on the short side.
Very enjoyable apart from the officiating.
Tier two countries have generally been hard done by this tournament, on the field and also by the citing commissioner, seems the major nations can get away with kicking heads etc, while the smaller nations get lengthy bans for less.

Well said, mbc!
How can they ever achieve parity when they are treated so obviously different from the top flight teams.
But back to the cheating kiwis and their American football blocking tactics, how do they keep getting away with it? Every breakdown their No19 flew in, leading with the shoulder and when "Sonny Bill" (cue the banjos) scored, take a look moments before when No19 piled ahead taking out a would be tackler at least 5 yards away from play, including holding him back.
Offside, off their feet, handling in the ruck, all the things that other sides get done for, the hill billy all blacks get away with and the worst part is listening to all the pundits cooing and blowing smoke up their collective backsides.

And just for good measure, I'd ban their stupid Haka as well, it's got absolutely nothing to do with rugby and only serves to give them some higher status.

Let's see what happens today, the boys in yellow get more than their fair share of decisions as well.

Let's see what happens today, the boys in yellow get more than their fair share of decisions as well.

Just leaving for the game. My middle sons first match so hope its a good one!!
I have a good feeling about it which is usually a bad sign.

Well said, mbc!
How can they ever achieve parity when they are treated so obviously different from the top flight teams.
But back to the cheating kiwis and their American football blocking tactics, how do they keep getting away with it? Every breakdown their No19 flew in, leading with the shoulder and when "Sonny Bill" (cue the banjos) scored, take a look moments before when No19 piled ahead taking out a would be tackler at least 5 yards away from play, including holding him back.
Offside, off their feet, handling in the ruck, all the things that other sides get done for, the hill billy all blacks get away with and the worst part is listening to all the pundits cooing and blowing smoke up their collective backsides.

And just for good measure, I'd ban their stupid Haka as well, it's got absolutely nothing to do with rugby and only serves to give them some higher status.

The famous all black invisibility cloak, only the french seem to be able to lift it!

Just leaving for the game. My middle sons first match so hope its a good one!!
I have a good feeling about it which is usually a bad sign.

Enjoy

Latest posts

Back