• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

REVISED AD & PRICES, national equipment, huge amount, WITH PICS,

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASHLEY

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
HELLO,

ok my prevoius advert was wrong im not a bee-keeper...yet and listed items wrongly, sorry,

REVISION...

i have been told the following is compatible with national,

commercial supers + frames, x 14 - 8 with frames, 6 empty
commercial brood boxes + frames, x 27 - 8 with frames, 19 empty
commercial/national roofs, x 10
commercial size nuc boxes x 5

mouse guards,

national/commercial floors,

ALL USED CONDITION BUT looked after,

SEE PICS BELOW

prices i have at rough guide price of £12-18 each for the top 3 and floors £5 each, and guards £2 each,

Where in the UK are you? I assume you'd have to come and pick it up yourself.

Langstroth Hives

Are we to understand that this is what you were selling as Langstroth hives and the previous advert is not valid ?

Careful Kaz, from memory of your pics you are using national at the moment, brood box frames and boxes are different, ( same outside dimensions but short lug frames so different inside dimesions)

Thanks Beebreeder. I'm thinking for in the future when I get my very own bees to play with. The ones I we have at the mo belong to the school. It will be a very long way off getting my own as I need an allotment plot yet, and then the confidence and knowledge to go it alone, but collecting a few bits and peices along the way will keep the costs low. Thanks for the advice though. I don't know that much about different types and measurements of hives yet, something to look into for if I come across a deal in future. :D

Are we to understand that this is what you were selling as Langstroth hives and the previous advert is not valid ?

yes only diffrence is there all commercial/national not langstroth,

PLEASE NOTE EVERYONE NOTHING I HAVE IS LANGSTROTH
IM VERY SORRY TO HAVE CAUSED ANY CONFUSION IT WAS AN ERROR ON MY PART, sorry again,

I was around that area on Saturday and had a look at these hives and noticed the error. With a little tlc they could be serviceable. As he said the odd wood pecker hole in some but enough bits about to make them good.

hi i think thats a bit unfair, more than the majority are fine for use, but yes a handfull do have woodpecker damage, but theres no obligation to take that handfull!!!!!.

but the majority are sound and have been stored inside not left outside,

a few frames needed old wax cutting out and a few bits blow torching,

but as i said i have not had time, i will be doing this very soon however.

THANKS

Thanks for letting us know Ashley. Just to explain that you probably got a lukewarm reaction on here because most people are not using Commercial hives and it is a lot easier only to have the same type of hive throughout. With lots of different ones you end up needing a lot more kit.

Most people on here use National hives, a significant minority use Langstroths and then smaller numbers use other types of hive.

I see it is on at a starting bid of 700 quid. I can quite understand why they are still available. I would have thought that was inflated by a factor of about 2.

I also note they are still touted as 'compatible with National hives'. I would hope that anyone remotely interested in the item (new beeks) would not be misled by that. They may have the same footprint but there the compatibility ends. They can not simply be made to take National frames by 'padding out' as the box depths are different as well as frame length.

I just can't see there would be many out there who would want that amount of kit and could not source what they actually needed at a far lower outlay. Maybe people will pay those sorts of prices in the S/E, but I think not, out here, in the sticks in Lincolnshire. I await, eagerly watching to see if anyone makes a bid. I am not holding my breath though.

Regards, RAB

Well I asked about poss prices of the nucs and he/she asked me what I was willing to pay, so I asked for some more information about the state of them etc and I never got a reply.

Makes you wonder doesn't it................................................?

By the looks of the photo I doubt if anyone could nick that much equipment and
sell it on the open market without it coming to the attention of the powers that be.
But there again.................

I guess there is always the possibility that what is for sale isnt what is in the photo :confused:

Latest posts

Back