• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

REVISED AD & PRICES, national equipment, huge amount, WITH PICS,

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish him well in selling, and i would have been interested except i use nationals and want to keep to nationals so i have all the bits and pieces to be able to be moved between hives as and when needed,
but im suprised someone is willing to pay that amount but hey a product is valued at the amount people are prepared to pay,

Good luck :)

We've seen some items bring in really high prices from eBay.
Sometimes more than their original cost
(I am thinking in particular of an extractor I saw go on there earlier this year).
Its amazing what folk will pay.

Good afternoon all - I am new to this forum and have read this thread with interest, it makes for a colourful introduction to this community. This chap, a self proclaimed non beekeeper, is trying to sell his late father's kit and is pilloried for first getting the descriptions wrong, then accused of having stolen it and now latterly mocked for the apparent overvalue being achieved by the expedient of selling through Ebay where people regularly over pay. I may have some sympathy with the latter sentiment but in this case no - I am not sure where the Crazy Bull is buying his beekeeping kit from but I run commercials and if he can buy this lot for £1020 I should like to know the name of his supplier. If you look at the Thornes prices there is just over £3000 worth of boxes floors and frames here at new retail prices - discount by 50% for second hand and the current bidding is not out of the way. had it not been for the distance from the Midlands I would have had the lot.

Welcome Merlin, hope you enjoy the Forum. As you say this thread is a great introduction - every question gets at least 5 differing opinions, every technique has its backers and detractors etc...BUT you get great advice, help and support when you really need it. For a newbee it is invaluable, and I hope that (although I see you have 10 hives) you find things and people of use - good luck!

Good luck with your sale!

This thread is a great example of the rumour mill at work.

Thanks for the welcome Queens 59 - yes a newcomer to this forum but not to beekeeping - long in the tooth I am afraid. But from what I have seen so far an excellent source of advice and tips on a craft that no one will ever get 100% right.

thankyou merlin thats nice of you to write that

as for the kit

ALL SOLD AND GONE, NOTHING MORE LEFT FOR SALE,

cheers

Am I missing something? Aren't these all commercials?

I'm a newbie, but from what i understand, commercials and nationals are compatible in terms of their footprint, but commercials use different frames.

Am I missing something? Aren't these all commercials?

I'm a newbie, but from what i understand, commercials and nationals are compatible in terms of their footprint, but commercials use different frames.

Read the whole thread- the discussion has been had in full.

yep, I run commercial broods with national supers!
and I get new commercial broods for £28 each

I love this forum! Advice in bucket loads; take your pick and find your way around the various viewpoints. Characters quickly revealed and I have genuinely warmed to many of the contributors - my very own mentors at the click of a button! I am a newbee and still in the honeymoon period with my girls. Had a wonderful first season, and as we enter winter preparations I have monitored the forum with keen interest to read what I should be doing and what I haven't yet learnt. Thankyou one and all - humour, advice, quarrels of varying degrees and a unifying fascination with bees.

Back