refugees welcome

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't read any papers. I can't see how any checks can guarantee a whether a person is safe or not when the average refugee will have no proof of their history. It would be narrow minded for people to ignore these dangers. Silly to dismiss them as narrow minded daily mail readers if they do. As I say how do you distinguish between those who truly need our help. Those I welcome with open arms.

Last edited:
Exactly.

I know things are difficult for these people, but coming to northern europe is not the answer.

It was the Americans who prized the lid off the middle east, now they have run off back home and left the rest of us to pickup the pieces.

Perhaps it's the yanks that need to get boots on the ground to sort out the mess they have caused.

Let's not forget the contribution in the settlement of Palestine after the war.

As net migration is a +ve figure and has been increasing for years http://tinyurl.com/pffmkgh

they have a right to be concerned when most migrants end up in heavily populated metropolitan areas where there are housing shortages.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20713380

There are housing shortages in rural areas, too, arent there? And there are no networks to support migrants in those areas, so it makes sense to settle them in metropolitan areas.

Exactly - that's what some clowns can't get their narrow little minds around what we have now in Britain is a rich tapestry of races and cultures, still being enriched by new incomers, in twenty or fifty years time we will be wondering what all the fuss was and why did we even contemplating turning valued members of society away.
Still think we should send the English back though, the arrogance and ignorance is showing through plainly now with the rantings of UKIP and 'Britain First' :)

In 5 years we will have the armed forces patroling the streets. Look at what has happened to the Muslims in the UK since the textiles went belly up.

Why aren't countries that are predominantly Muslim / Arab welcoming these people with open arms where there is a common culture & religion ?

I know that Lebanon and Jordan are trying to do their best, but are now becoming overwhelmed, what about the rest.

The gulf states are just standing by and doing very little.

Germany has said it will take as many migrants as want to come, that all sounds very generous but the Germans know very well that when all the EU passsports have been handed out many will just move on to where the grass is perceived to be greener within the EU.

Why aren't countries that are predominantly Muslim / Arab welcoming these people with open arms where there is a common culture & religion ?

I know that Lebanon and Jordan are trying to do their best, but are now becoming overwhelmed, what about the rest.

Germany has said it will take as many migrants as want to come, that all sounds very generous but the Germans know very well that when all the EU passsports have been handed out many will just move on to where the grass is perceived to be greener within the EU.

Saudi - and the wealthy Gulf states have taken none. Wrong type of Muslim religion - so they should be killed according to some of their preachers...

The sooner the world grows up and believes in logic and reason rather than fairy stories the better.

The sooner the world grows up and believes in logic and reason rather than fairy stories the better.

We don't need an excuse, humans are a blight on an otherwise beautiful planet.
If there is any guy upstairs (whatever you want to call him) he got it badly wrong by creating us lot.
It's about time for another meteorite, Mother Earth could do with a rest IMO.

It's about time for another meteorite,

It's going to be even more spectacular than that, apparently the Milky Way and Andromeda are going to have a bit of a collision soon.

We don't need an excuse, humans are a blight on an otherwise beautiful planet.
If there is any guy upstairs (whatever you want to call him) he got it badly wrong by creating us lot.
It's about time for another meteorite, Mother Earth could do with a rest IMO.
We're just animals like the rest really. If native crayfish were capable of conscious thought I'm sure they would be pretty peeved at the destruction the American invading crayfish do to them and their environment. Same with the squirrels. Its all just on different levels. Its all natural, even us. We're not here forever. Some other lifeforms will inherit the earth and then die out eventually. There must be an equation for it somewhere. Maybe Hawkins should have pulled his finger out instead of sitting around idle.

It's going to be even more spectacular than that, apparently the Milky Way and Andromeda are going to have a bit of a collision soon.

I'll probably die of boredom waiting the 4 billion years before the grand spectacular. But another billion years and we will have front row seats watching our sun turn into a red giant. Who said space exploration was waste of money. We have to get off this rock and fast.....

I honestly do think now that they picked on the wrong newspaper when they shut down the Sunday sport - IMHO people who read the daily mail should be dragged out into the streets and thrashed with a damp teatowel![/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about those that believe all they read in that pinko rag " the guardian"

Let's not forget the contribution in the settlement of Palestine after the war.

That should have read of the British, but I must have deleted that bit. D'oh!

Because there isn't a common culture or religion. There are vast cultural differences between different Muslim peoples and the same is true of their religion which is riven with sectarianism.

That should have read of the British, but I must have deleted that bit. D'oh!

yep - another mess we helped create - all the Syrian stuff in the news is distracting us from the atrocities now taking place out there

I feel the same way about those that believe all they read in that pinko rag " the guardian"

You only have to look at the disgraceful way the Grauniad treated Corbyn in the election campaign to know where its sympathies lie –-with Blairism and all that entails.

We're just animals like the rest really. If native crayfish were capable of conscious thought I'm sure they would be pretty peeved at the destruction the American invading crayfish do to them and their environment. Same with the squirrels. Its all just on different levels. Its all natural, even us. We're not here forever. Some other lifeforms will inherit the earth and then die out eventually. There must be an equation for it somewhere. Maybe Hawkins should have pulled his finger out instead of sitting around idle.

The species conflict is just another calamity down to us.

Switzerland I believe would say to Syrian refugees " there are plenty of nice hotels in Syria", you must leave Switzerland or will be made to leave. Won't be first time.. Just the name of country was different.. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back