refugees welcome

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
European Population densities.

People/sq km:

England - 419
Holland - 408
Wales - 258
Germany - 226
Italy - 205
N. Ireland - 130
Poland - 123
Portugal - 116
France - 105
Romania - 89
Bulgaria - 66
Scotland - 40

refu_3424181b.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ugees-and-invite-hundreds-to-watch-match.html

Is that the Welsh team?
Most people will say they probably need any supporters they can get!

Dear god, this isn't someone else's problem, these poor desperate people need our help now. .

Think you'll find that the "poor & desperate" don't have the money to pay the traffickers to leave Syria the first place.

Perhaps the Government could stop paying benefits to those who join the I.S. and put that money to better use?

If you go to Germany where, (since the building of the Berlin wall) they give citizenship to all. Then you're free to go anywhere in Europe, work/claim whatever benefits wherever you like.

Last edited:
We need to find out why they want to leave their country and come here, helping a nation and saving millions is better than rescuing the odd hundred.
Educate people and get the world out of poverty is the most humane thing we can do.

We need to find out why they want to leave their country and come here, helping a nation and saving millions is better than rescuing the odd hundred.
Educate people and get the world out of poverty is the most humane thing we can do.

Try educating Assad and ISIS to stop fighting.. That'll take a few decades.

Whatever the cause the pictures on the news of these poor people trying, by any means, to escape from their own country because they fear for their lives must surely tug at anyone's heart strings. I count myself fortunate in that, in my life, I've seen real poverty in parts of Africa that nobody would willingly go to .. but even in those places the situation was rarely so bad that the population considered mass exodus as the only possible option.

Refugees on this scale in Europe have not been seen since WWII. The problem cannot be solved in the way we are treating it at present ..Throwing money at it would not seem to be a solution and politically I have no hope of a solution when ISIS etc. are so clearly intransigent - as their wishes are either genocide towards or compliance from those left within their areas of control.

It's a creeping disease that will affect most of Europe if it is not resolved ... these refugees or migrants (I have no issue with either term) clearly just want a life in a place where they can feel safe .. I don't believe that they are being drawn to Europe by the prospect of living off benefits - from what I've seen they actually want to work and settle somewhere that they can live in peace.

The biggest problem that I can see is that the places where their presence could be economically supported do not have the space or the desire to allow them to settle and the places where there is the space do not have the economic strength to support their existing population, let alone an influx of migrants/refugees.

Perhaps Europe on a global basis should be looking at areas of say North or West Africa (many of which already have partly Moslem populations) and offering these countries massive financial and infrastructure assistance to enable them to take migrant populations en-masse. It may cost Europe in the short term but it sure as hell is going to cost a lot more in the future if we don't fix it.

The population of Europe is currently in the order of 740 million .. a global 'refugee tax' of a $10 a head would provide a 'pot' of $7.4 BILLION ... more than the GDP of most countries in North and West Africa ...

Take, for instance, Senegal ...

http://countrymeters.info/en/Senegal

Population density 75 persons/sq km.

or Niger, or Liberia ... even lower densities.

They are amongst the poorer nations on the planet but, with massive investments, could become the promised land for these poor people. I'm not suggesting that we and our European partners should not be taking our share of refugees but the problem is too big to contain within developed countries.

There are doctors, engineers, scientists, academics all fleeing from ISIS and its extremist cohorts .. think of the benefit they could bring to the economies and development of countries devoid of these human resources ...

The World (and Europe in particular) has to start thinking BIG and outside of the box before it is too late.

It seems humankind will never learn, arms not alms is the most important consideration with anyone in a position to do something.

This movement of people is nothing new, it's happened throughout history and in fact, it created the European nations we know today.
The only trouble is, the population levels are a lot higher these days.

Is that the Welsh team?

Germans putting us to shame with their humanity, previous generations would be gobsmacked.

Is that the Welsh team?

Hmmm - being now officially better than England in both association and rugby football I suppose we'll have to stop some supporters trying to cross the bridge to this side :D

I suppose we'll have to stop some supporters trying to cross the bridge to this side :D

No No, please take them. We want rid of most of the Enngerlland lads with their close cropped hair. Welcome them into your communities with care and abandon. Treasure them. They are real gems!

Whatever the cause the pictures on the news of these poor people trying, by any means, to escape from their own country because they fear for their lives must surely tug at anyone's heart strings. I count myself fortunate in that, in my life, I've seen real poverty in parts of Africa that nobody would willingly go to .. but even in those places the situation was rarely so bad that the population considered mass exodus as the only possible option.

Hear Him!!

these refugees or migrants (I have no issue with either term) clearly just want a life in a place where they can feel safe .. I don't believe that they are being drawn to Europe by the prospect of living off benefits - from what I've seen they actually want to work and settle somewhere that they can live in peace.

:iagree::iagree::facts:

I don't believe that they are being drawn to Europe by the prospect of living off benefits

No - most of them are home grown - and are the most vociferous in turnng refugees away in case their trough doesn't get filled to brimming anyt more

There are 2 different problems here that have gelled into one but with 2 distinct solutions.

Economic migrants

Refugees from war

I have no idea what the solution to either problem is but neither is going away in the short or even long term.

I have no idea what the solution to either problem is but neither is going away in the short or even long term.

Stop the border controls, lay on extra trains, buses, ships and let them go wherever they want, all to UK if they wish, still thousands of square miles of empty space here.

:iagree: we'd have even more space in if we sent all the English back to whence they came (we didn't invite them to stay after the Romans left! :D)

Apparently "Welsh" meant foreigners in the Saxon tongue, they haven't changed much.

I'm in daily contact with my team mates in the states and they have no idea that this is going on despite American (and, sorry guys, British) foreign policy being responsible for it. The Irish navy have had a ship deployed in the Med for the past few months rescuing people from sinking boats, is the Royal Navy doing the same?

Last edited:
The Irish navy have had a ship deployed in the Med for the past few months rescuing people from sinking boats, is the Royal Navy doing the same?
Yes, Ocean is out there I believe, also at least one of our 4207 patrol boats (although now apparently crewed by the Jonathan - so God knows what state it will be in when it comes back!!) and I hear my old crew are out there as well so it may be two - 2whi9ch would explain why we've chartered another vessel for home waters.

Hmmm - being now officially better than England in both association and rugby football I suppose we'll have to stop some supporters trying to cross the bridge to this side :D

The England Soccer Team would need to Qualify for Europe to see if that pans out but we will soon see just what the world cup brings! :nono:

My Grandmother, (born in Wrexham), always let everyone know when they won! She once sent a birthday card written on the back were the words "WE WON". It arrived on the Saturday, @1/2 hour before the TV coverage started, long before the actual result!..... Supreme confidence........or mixed loyalties???

The 4 teams have got used to loosing but as long as we all beat the French and that lot up North I'll be happy?

Back