refugees welcome

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbc

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
refu_3424181b.jpg

A very different attitude to Dai Cameron who thinks the immediate answer to the pressing problem of hundreds of thousands refugees (dubbed migrants by our not so sympathetic media!) is to magic some stability in their home lands. Beginning of the end for him pandering to the kipper side of his party, bad timing just as most of us are wanting to reach out and help these poor people.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ugees-and-invite-hundreds-to-watch-match.html

Most of them appear to be what they're calling "economic refugees"; migrants by another name!

Most of them appear to be what they're calling "economic refugees"; migrants by another name!

The people from our colonies who came here in the 50s from the West Indies were the backbone of Londons transport system.
Many became good friends as they were happy to integrate with our society.
With our ageing society we need immigration, refugees or not!

Yeghes da

I don't know where our humanity has gone.
How can we moan about immigrants in the face of such suffering?
These people have nothing.
Just an example....can you imagine what a mother must feel sending her 12 year old child on such a journey on his own in the hope of some sort of life for him.....just terrible.
I look at these picture daily in such dismay.

Having travelled across several European countries, all of which would be safe places of refuge, it's hard to see why Britain is their goal if economics aren't a major factor. If we're serious about solving the problem perhaps the money given as aid to countries with space programs ought to be used to establish and maintain refuges at source. Thus avoiding the hazardous journey altogether.

Germany, Italy, Hungary and others are taking a lot more than us, trouble is a lot get shunted along the line until they get to Calais, the French are very clever - they herd them into temporary ghettoes no better than concentration camps really (but then they have form for that) virtually forcing them to try to get over to us.
Trawl the net and look at the photographs of children's bodies washed up on the shores of the Mediterranean and tell me there's no desperation there.
I've seen it first hand over the years - the economic migrants and the genuine refugees and I think I'm a harder person to convince than most - lately I've looked them in the eye and seen what real suffering and desperation is. I'm only working on the periphery of the present crisis (funny how a lot of the stuff going on in Ashford is coordinated from Swansea eh?) but I can tell you now - a lot of these people would be of more benefit to this countries than the crowd of worthless waisters (not a typo BTW, the correct spelling for the term) sponging off my tax and National Insurance.
Which boils down to the point actually - a lot of thee people ranting on FB and 'Britain First' (nice new name for the national front eh?) are afraid of one thing and one thing only - they are only afraid that the influx of these people are going to take their 'fair share' of the various benefits they scrounge but to which they have never worked for.
Instead of turning these refugees away we should just show these homegrown workshy scroungers the door and let them try to leech off another country!

Unless we said up safe ferry services across the Med, we'll not save any lives by taking in 10, 10,000 or 2 million refugees.
Indeed,the more we take the more we'll encourage to set out in leaky boats to drown.

What will these 'refugees' do when they get here, where is the work, money, and housing?

Exactly.

I know things are difficult for these people, but coming to northern europe is not the answer.

It was the Americans who prized the lid off the middle east, now they have run off back home and left the rest of us to pickup the pieces.

Perhaps it's the yanks that need to get boots on the ground to sort out the mess they have caused.

Exactly.

I know things are difficult for these people, but coming to northern europe is not the answer.

It was the Americans who prized the lid off the middle east, now they have run off back home and left the rest of us to pickup the pieces.

Perhaps it's the yanks that need to get boots on the ground to sort out the mess they have caused.

Dear god, this isn't someone else's problem, these poor desperate people need our help now. I would hazard a guess that the majority would voluntarily repatriate themselves when the situation becomes safe in their homeland.
Also, if you think the UK has clean hands with regards to our historic foreign policy in the middle east then you're deluded.

Refugees in Lebanon 1.2Million
Refugees in Turkey 1.8Million

Refugees taken by UK to date : c 5,000

Refugees taken by richest Arab countries.:
Saudi: 0
Kuwait: 0
Qatar: 0
Emirates: 0
Bahrain: 0

Edit:

So anyone who thinks we would start with 10,000 more and that's it ......is rather naive...

"The UK proposed scooping migrants out of the water and returning them to Libya. They argued that to do otherwise would encourage more migration. And were roundly condemned for being heartless.

Now the policy has encouraged more migration they are criticised for not sharing the burden."
http://www2.politicalbetting.com/in...e-mattresses-if-corbyn-wins/#vanilla-comments

Last edited:
Dear god, this isn't someone else's problem, these poor desperate people need our help now. I would hazard a guess that the majority would voluntarily repatriate themselves when the situation becomes safe in their homeland.
Also, if you think the UK has clean hands with regards to our historic foreign policy in the middle east then you're deluded.

:iagree:
It sickens me the attitude of some in this country at the moment.
And yes, a lot would repatriate when the dust settles - seeing that with other nationalities as we speak.
It seems we have developed into a nation of selfish greedy people - and gullible too as everyone seems to be swallowing the pack of lies the tories and the fascists are spinning about the whole thing.

I would hazard a guess that the majority would voluntarily repatriate themselves when the situation becomes safe in their homeland.

No, I'm not deluded

The US was the prime mover in the recent Middle East debacle. Without them leading the charge, as it turns out on a false pretext, none of the other countries would of been involved, especially the UK.

And let's not forget the atrocities being committed by the israelis in Palestine at the moment (and our part in starting that way back in the fifties) - the Government and the BBC lackeys have done a good job of using the Syrian refugee 'crisis' as a smokescreen to hide all that stuff.

Funnily enough this all seems to be a repeat of Britain in the 1930's fascist propaganda by some parts of the press and those in power winding the populace up into a frenzy of anti foreigner indignation, then................ it got really messy

Perhaps if we stopped interfering in cultures that we know 'sod all' about and therefore destabilising said areas, we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place. Looks like the price of oil etc. is far higher then we see at the pumps! Let's be honest, most of this is created by the rich to make even more 'fast bucks'!
Well that's my two penne'th worth! :)

Back