Rebate with router table

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should be no problem as long as the workpiece is properly clamped.

Much easier on a table or bench saw, though.

thought of using a circular saw before but thought it might be dangerous, how do you find it?

OK, but difficult to do 100% accurately. The corner where the 2 cuts meets is never perfect and usually needs cleaning up.

Six footer I make all my own national hives and use a router mounted in a table for the rrebates in the rails , I buy all my cutters from tool staion which are very good value. There is lots of advice on the use of routers on U TUBE which I found invaluble. Make all of your own hives ect is very rewarding. good luck Tool Station WEB address is http://www.toolstation.com/

Remember to make a few passes to make the rebates increasing in depth with every pass.

Remember to make a few passes to make the rebates increasing in depth with every pass.

Would that be by raising the cutter or by moving the fence at each pass?

You shouldn't need to move the fence if you use the correct size router bit, I just raise the bit by 5-6 mm a cutting pass.

I don't do it that way. I lay a thinner strip on the table, to raise the workpiece initially. Reducing the sheet thickness, and total removal, obviates any need for resetting of the cutter or fence.

Latest posts

Back