reasoning.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a difference between reacting, recognising pattern, being able to deduct logically and more.

I am not sure I am REALLY THINKING :cheers2:

confused.bmp

Lol. Slugs can think too. They can find their way back to your garden by follwoing their mucus trails!

Last edited:
Sorry Polyanwood, this was an interesting thread until i stuck that pic on.

I do feel there is more to this little insect than we have the ability to detect currently, and like many species, we simply do not know enough to judge, yet many feel they know its exact capabilities and limitations.

Hi Hivemaker,

Just a couple of points you might clarify for me please.
What newspaper did this article come from?
When were the experiments carried out?
Where were the experiments carried out?

I can find NO Martin Giufra of the Free University of Berlin. There is no one of that name connected to the University.
I have tried to find any talks or presentations connected to Honey bee and there is only one.

2008/05/02 Odor encoding properties of antennal lobe projection neurons in the honeybee. Graduate School of Information Science and Technology (Profs. R. Kanzaki and H. Takahashi), University of Tokyo, Japan

This was a lecture given at the University.

With regards to the experiments that they have said took place, where the people Entomologists, Biologists or what credentials did they have?

Also I have tried Nature today for any corresponding reports about these tests being carried out, and came up with a big fat zero.

Tests have been carried out by Thomas D. Seeley, Professor of Biology, Cornell University, that have used all the bees senses, vision (colours - shapes). smell (olfactory cells), touch (hairs), taste (olfactory cells - supra maxillary gland), and at no time has he ever suggested that bees can think for themselves.

Regards;

I must admit that I tried to post a picture of a slug and I managed a thumbnail and then it disappeared... sadly thinking learing ability relating to computer skills is not much better than a bee's.

Hivemaker is now in big trouble like we were once when we visited in England.

It was early day and my friend ordered a beer.
He start to drink and the maid come to us:"We have now a big trouble"
- why, said my friend.
- You should order sandwitch too ...

I cannot prove that it happened but it happened.

Ah but the thing is Finman,do you know the reason,think about it?

Ah but the thing is Finman,do you know the reason,think about it?

Answer B)

I walked out, cleared my head and I got two good reasons:

1) English Special Moist Weather (ESMW)
2) Special English National Bees (SENB)

(Learned here in forums)

Are you two talking in code or something ??

Finman,think, reason. sandwich(food) alcohol,drink, table, uk, law.

Then perhaps you are indeed turning into an insect.

Back