Question: What beekeeping vehicle would you advise for £2,500?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At long last I can post pics on this new forum. Despite the help of Repwoc and Murox above I never succeeded on the previous format
View attachment 21511
Erm, may I try a little constructive criticism?
Supers should be strapped, one on the noggin if you breaked hard could finish you off.
Also it's good practice to travel boxes with the frames going fore and aft (rather than side to side) to reduce comb slap, especially if theres live bees involved.

Erm, may I try a little constructive criticism?
Supers should be strapped, one on the noggin if you breaked hard could finish you off.
Also it's good practice to travel boxes with the frames going fore and aft (rather than side to side) to reduce comb slap, especially if theres live bees involved.

Thanks MBC - good thinking. I'll see to it.

Reactions: mbc
Excellent reply😀
I was being mischievous as usual. My whole illustrious career has been in the motor trade and I agree with you about the Rover being a bit of a little known gem and undervalued.
Years ago, when Rover was old time Rover I borrowed a 3.5 litre from work to visit the in laws one weekend. It was warm weather and the Airedale on the back seat needed the quarter glass open. Mrs Poot leaned back to open it and it promptly fell out....
I hope you have a happy day today on your 48th❤❤❤

I had a number of SD1 Rovers in the late 1970's and 1980's as company vehicles, the last one was a 3.5 Vanden Plas EFI ... what a pile of rubbish they were. Bits regularly fell off, things broke, the door or window seals howled at any speeds above 50mph (the Main dealer never could fix that) and the seal around the tailgate was so bad I had to bail the boot out every time it rained, or even washed the thing. I met up with a friend one winters day to go sledging with the kids and there were a few of us so he suggested his son get in the boot (you could tie a child to a roofrack in those days without Mr Plod taking any notice - the boot was much safer) - my friend gave him a lift over the stupid 18" high fixed tailgate, the boy slipped on the ice in the boot and broke his leg ! The gearbox on the 3.5 seized at 70mph on the M1 and nearly killed me .. a layshaft had broken and the bits caused the box to explode as it locked up the rear wheels. It was frighteningly quick but the rear suspension was a weak point and you took your life in your hands at speed in twisty lanes. The problem wasn't the design of the car - it was sleek, innovative for it's day, very comfortable and ergonomic - trend settting even (It was car of the year 1976) and well thought out - a drivers car in many respects. The accountants at Rover killed it with underpowered ancient engines in the early budget models and other things to keep costs down and it was thrown together by a demotivated and poorly managed workforce who would strike at the drop of a hat -plants were all over the UK making bits for it and everyone blaming everyone else for the appalling build quality.

Unbelievably they are selling for more now than they were new ! Good luck to whoever buys one - mine spent more time in the garage being repaired than they ever did on the road ....

Latest posts

Back