• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Queen wanted - Northern Ireland

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busybee123

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi,

I have a small nuc in need of a queen (they did have a virgin queen in but she has gone AWOL).

Native dark bee preferred.

Does not necessarily have to be a newly mated queen - if you are requeening I would even take your old queen as long as she is still laying (and not evil tempered of course!)

If I can't get a queen, I'd settle for a ripe queen cell and let them have another go at mating a new queen.

I just need something to save this nuc. My only other option is to unite this nuc with another colony that has just managed to rear and mate a new queen, but I'd rather leave them to it and let the new queen settle in.

Last edited:
hey where abouts are you?i done an A/F last sat and am sure i'll have a few sealed queens cells by now if one of them is any use to you?
Darren,Kilkeel Co Down

Thanks for your kind offer Darren.

Unfortunately I'm up north of Ballymena, which is probably 2 hours drive from you. Someone slightly closer has contacted me and I hope they will be able to help, but I will bear your offer in mind.

Thanks again,

Tom

Thanks to those who offered to help. Seems to be little or no queens about here due to foul weather.

I've been advised elsewhere on this forum, and by others, that the best thing to do is to unite my queenless nuc with another colony....so that's what I'm going to do.

Latest posts

Back