Q Excluder on Poly hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be using Pa*nes bottom bee space Nationals so sagging shouldn't be an issue. I'm tempted to try the Thor*es XP plastic excluder as it says it's based on the Herzog wire excluder and at £2.50 a pop there's not much to lose.

When I started beekeeping though all I had were perforated zinc and pinging them off at every inspection got old really fast. For the last 8 years I'veonly ever used wire framed excluders.

check out your poly nuc(s).

My polynucs are whatever I made the inserts for. They may well be different than when they were originally Langstroth. My 14 x 12 frames also hang down below the bottom of the box, but do I care? No, they do the job, are a s*d to stack (as a two-tier hive), but I did manage it until I inserted a modified frame feeder, and unexpectedly needed a bee space between the frames. I should have given it more thought, but I got round it!

Very often my polynucs have a polythene sheet over the frames, so are effectively 'bottom bee space' at the frame tops. I will look more closely at some future date.

RAB

I will tell you privately whose boxes they were.

OK, thanks. Will remain private. There may be some out there that would benefit more from knowing it than me, as I can get round most hurdles, one way or another.

Especially, if they are still doing it, as there may be a lot of new beeks who suddenly find themselves in a hole.

Regards, RAB

Latest posts

Back