Queen excluder question

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullframe45

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
4 --5.
I am using maismore poly hives and all measure 500x500 mm i was using the plastic Q excluders last couple of years , but now want to go with the metal wire type.Not punched ones. Nearly all the framed ones are for 460x460 and do not fit to the edge of the box. I can get wire only to fit ,but not framed. What do others do.My hives are all bottom bee space. Thank you

Thank you for reply,i know they will be good quality but a bit pricey for my budget. I KNOW, buy cheap by twice..But way over my budget.

As you probably won't need the excluders till next year now you could probably absorb the 'expense' over several months, least then you'll have a quality made for purpose piece of kit

EDIT.

I truthfully hope that this post doesn't come across as condescending. I know all about cash constraints but think you may have the time advantage to sort your needs in the best way possible.

Last edited:
As you probably won't need the excluders till next year now you could probably absorb the 'expense' over several months, least then you'll have a quality made for purpose piece of kit

EDIT.

I truthfully hope that this post doesn't come across as condescending. I know all about cash constraints but think you may have the time advantage to sort your needs in the best way possible.
Practical solutions are not condescending imo.

If you ever travel to Europe there is another option that some of the European suppliers sell, it's the excluder for the so called brother Adam dadant/Dadant US which is also 500x500 and will be a lot cheaper but I doubt you'll now find an EU supplier willing to send one or two to the UK.

Latest posts

Back