Purdue AB Queens

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who supplies them?

How they are in the states!!! If you want to try resistant stock google buckfast zucht and look at the hygienic queens. I picked 1 up late last season very nice bees to handle.

Last edited:
I got 3 of his economy queens last summer.... very nice bees to handle and still strong colonies even now. Have high hopes for them this year.....

I got 3 of his economy queens last summer.... very nice bees to handle and still strong colonies even now. Have high hopes for them this year.....

How have you purchased these queens and imported them prima facie illegally?

No he hasn’t he’s talking about the buckfast bees/German I suggested the op try if he wants hygienic bees.

look at the hygienic queens. I picked 1 up late last season very nice bees to handle.

Ive about a dozen daughters in hives and they appear EXTREMELY gentle bees.

I picked my hygienic queen up in the autumn and introduced into a nuc so rather to late to compare mite loads, she’s currently sitting at a site in a school with a number of buckfast Denmark island mated queens. So yes handling is important and I don’t like getting out my shorts in the summer!!

Ahh...….. got it.

Back