Protective suit colours

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mujician

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
I realise that these suits aren't particularly for the fashion conscious!, but I wondered why they are predominantly available in white? I did read somewhere that dark colours make bees a bit agitated/aggressive, is this true? If so, why don't I see light blue, pink or yellow etc suits for sale.
Equally, how do people get on in the camp coloured suits I've seen for sale?

"why don't I see light blue, pink or yellow etc suits for sale."

because you haven't looked at the right sites.

the two big makers both offer a full range of pastel shades.

light colour suits make it easier to spot bees on them when you're leaving the apiary.

I have a camo bee jacket that has lots of dark colours in it, but the problem with it is that in the summer sun it's like working in a suana, it's to hot to use, the bees don't have a problem with the colours...

I realise that these suits aren't particularly for the fashion conscious!

How very dare you...
:biggrinjester:

we can't post links on here as it's seen as advertising.

Complete this sentence "I shot the....." and add an extra R after the first one, then google ;)

After a few hours inspecting a bunch of hives I pour out wellies if I'm wearing them. They go from moist to squelchy to worse. It can be hot in a bee suit so the lighter the better.

After a few hours inspecting a bunch of hives I pour out wellies if I'm wearing them. They go from moist to squelchy to worse. It can be hot in a bee suit so the lighter the better.

I'm probably only going to have one hive. At least for a good while anyway. I guess this will be outside too so probably won't be getting that sweaty!

I'm probably only going to have one hive. At least for a good while anyway. I guess this will be outside too so probably won't be getting that sweaty!

1/ Go on that course before you buy anything

2/ Afterwards you'll have a better idea why -
a - two hives is really the sustainable minimum
b - overwhelmingly beehives are 'outside' (and beesuits are hot to work in, outside)

1/ Go on that course before you buy anything

2/ Afterwards you'll have a better idea why -
a - two hives is really the sustainable minimum
b - overwhelmingly beehives are 'outside' (and beesuits are hot to work in, outside)

:iagree:
good advice!!

aside from "i shot the..."
there is also the company that would sound like it makes magic make-up foundation or guns for american youngsters if it weren't for the "wear" in the name.

Err... no.... basic error #1

You need two colonies actually.

PH

Latest posts

Back