Portable Neck Fan

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just something I’ve tried recently. Works well underneath the veil. Really nice on a hot day, if you’re working for several hours in the sun. One charge would run for up to 30hr.

Very cheap, you can get those for under £10.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0888NRPWV/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_DBM24222XF86NTNFDKT2
Mine which cost me £7.99 just delivered via Amazon! Not used in anger yet but I'm sitting reading the new posts with it on setting 3 and if I had hair it would be fluttering in the breeze. 😂

Should be interesting when inspecting in hot weather.

Just something I’ve tried recently. Works well underneath the veil. Really nice on a hot day, if you’re working for several hours in the sun. One charge would run for up to 30hr.
Did you get the idea from Kamon at Tennessee's Bees ?
I noticed you mentioned him a couple of times before. One of the few US beekeepers who actually have some interesting videos (rather than some of the beekeeping 'advice' that yootoob is littered with!) 😀

Temps to high flowers shrivel up and flows don't last, hopefully we have some rain next week.
Today 30c and the hb looked all wilted as did some of the rosebay, clover looks scorched in places.
Yes they are filling the supers but it won't last.

On a more positive note speaking to farmers locally they are saying the perennial wild flowers clover etc has been the best they have seen for a while and the hay this year is really good quality which is good because it will make good forage for livestock and fetch a good price.
🤣The only time hay is a good price is in a terrible year when no one managed to make any. Every man and his dog is making hay this year so it will be worthless.

Mine which cost me £7.99 just delivered via Amazon! Not used in anger yet but I'm sitting reading the new posts with it on setting 3 and if I had hair it would be fluttering in the breeze. 😂

Should be interesting when inspecting in hot weather.
The fan worked a treat when used in anger too. 3 hours of inspecting today was better than an hour yesterday. Certainly stopped the sweat getting in my eyes.
Best £8 I've spent in a few years.

Latest posts

Back