Portable Neck Fan

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyNir

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
10-15
Worth a go for £7, could do with it tomorrow though as giving a scorcher.

Same here poor bees were having a sweat bath today yesterday was the same and the day before average this week has been 15 hrs per day x 4..
I think I have insomnia and Ive lost half a stone in 8 days bloody bees :smilie_bett:.
Work shop tomorrow and more bees in the afternoon.
Does any one go home with buzzing in there ears after a long day with the girls?
Im going to do like a bear and hybenate for winter.

Same here poor bees were having a sweat bath today yesterday was the same and the day before average this week has been 15 hrs per day x 4..
I think I have insomnia and Ive lost half a stone in 8 days bloody bees :smilie_bett:.
Work shop tomorrow and more bees in the afternoon.
Does any one go home with buzzing in there ears after a long day with the girls?
Im going to do like a bear and hybenate for winter.
Be careful that you don’t dehydrate. I know a keeper who ended up hospitalised through excess sweating / lack of water intake.

Be careful that you don’t dehydrate. I know a keeper who ended up hospitalised through excess sweating / lack of water intake.

Aye, i keep feeding the engine with water/cherry coke.
Sunday there's a possibility it could hit 30 c so I'm told.. Not good for nectar production, hopefully we will have some rainy days in prep for the Heather.

My apiary I had to move is now next to bell and ling Heather.

Attachments

• VID_20210706_172642.mp4
    17.2 MB
SWMBO says that when she goes to bed all she sees are frames of brood when she closes her eyes. She also forgets entire conversations and she says it is because her brain discards information it does not need so she can concentrate on the bees.:rolleyes:

SWMBO says that when she goes to bed all she sees are frames of brood when she closes her eyes. She also forgets entire conversations and she says it is because her brain discards information it does not need so she can concentrate on the bees.:rolleyes:
I know the feeling well. My kids have got so confused about which queen is which, they are threatening to put up an operations board to monitor each and every one!

I know the feeling well. My kids have got so confused about which queen is which, they are threatening to put up an operations board to monitor each and every one!
I've taken to writing the queens' names on the sides of the roofs. I've switched them around so much this year I was confusing myself about who was in what hive and I've only got 3!

I've taken to writing the queens' names on the sides of the roofs. I've switched them around so much this year I was confusing myself about who was in what hive and I've only got 3!
I Mark my nucs and hives with letters and numbers to each apiary eg... 10 c or 24 f or
12 CB

Aye, i keep feeding the engine with water/cherry coke.
Sunday there's a possibility it could hit 30 c so I'm told.. Not good for nectar production, hopefully we will have some rainy days in prep for the Heather.

My apiary I had to move is now next to bell and ling Heather.
Can I ask why 30° is no good for honey production?

no idea, they're piling it in here, even young colonies filling a super in five days
It’s been great here the last few days and looks like there may actually be some honey. In fairness to the previous poster if it’s to hot flowers will go over faster. We will only have a decent flow for another week as the last of the chestnut will go over and some already has!

Can I ask why 30° is no good for honey production?
Temps to high flowers shrivel up and flows don't last, hopefully we have some rain next week.
Today 30c and the hb looked all wilted as did some of the rosebay, clover looks scorched in places.
Yes they are filling the supers but it won't last.

On a more positive note speaking to farmers locally they are saying the perennial wild flowers clover etc has been the best they have seen for a while and the hay this year is really good quality which is good because it will make good forage for livestock and fetch a good price.

There is a fantastic honey flow from the clover at most of our apiaries and after the amount of rain we have had I can't see the nectar drying up quickly. The bees are ignoring the blackberry flowers at the moment, but if the clover dries up there are plenty of buds still to open.

Latest posts

Back