Poor delivery service

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeT

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I was expecting my Mann Lake order to be delivered today and planned to be in all day to receive delivery When I tracked my parcel this afternoon, I discovered I had changed my delivery date, which I had not. I contacted the Norwich Depot and was told the driver could not find our house. There was both mobile and land line listed on the label, which was confirmed by Mann Lake. I believe the driver wanted to get finished early as we are his furthest delivery point.

Some Courier Services are terrible, City Link thank goodness they have gone, TNT took 7 days to find us, the best seem to be UPS, Vodel and DPS. It depends on the keenness of the driver, some just do not try.

All credit to Mann Lake they dispatched order quickly and have a good tracking system.

Mike

We get similar problems being out in the sticks. Delivery firms say that they called and there was no reply! Not what my cameras say!
E

We get similar problems being out in the sticks. Delivery firms say that they called and there was no reply! Not what my cameras say!
E

Some have to take a picture of the front door and a GPS location is recorded, The last one took a photo of his thumb and the GPS did not correspond with our location. We have also been told our post code does not exist.

Last edited:
Yodel = Your Order Delivered Extremely Late

I remember City Link delivering to a neighbour. The driver placed the 12 bottles of wine by the front door and took a picture of it. That is not evidence of delivery as he could have put it back in the van and passed it on to someone else. Needless to say I took it in for my neighbour after leaving a note. Others left Bose loudspeakers under the car of my neighbours.

We have also been told our post code does not exist.[/QUOTE]
We have had that problem a few times, we are on a private road but that should not make any difference and pallet lorries will not come down our road but extra large removal lorries can make it ok :hairpull:

All hail to the Post Office, their service is now second to none.. I can get a package from Denbyshire to here in Cornwall in the time it would take me to drive there and back without so much a a stop for an overpriced muffin and grotty cofee at Bristol services!

Yeghes da

I remember City Link delivering to a neighbour.

YODELs driver signed the electronic receipt with my name to say he had delivered a parcel to me yesterday. We spent 30 minutes explaining to amazon that it was not our signature before finding the parcel tucked behind a plant pot by the front door this morning.

Do you think they go to a special school to learn how to be this stupid?

I've always found DPD excellent, we get an sms message with a one hour delivery window, they are always on time, and happy to leave stuff in the greenhouse if we are not in. Similarly yodel have never caused any problems and the Hermes lady always brings biscuits for the dogs. Hermes is great for sending stuff too, really cheap......

We've discovered that it depends if you have a regular driver or a stand in. All of the courier firms know where we live, having spent a couple of years moaning at them. When parcels are delivered to the wrong place, or not delivered (often accompanied with photos of front doors which are obviously not ours) they invariably turn up the next day with one of our 'regular' drivers who explains that they were off the day before and the stand ins just can't be bothered.

I've always found DPD excellent, we get an sms message with a one hour delivery window, they are always on time, and happy to leave stuff in the greenhouse if we are not in. Similarly yodel have never caused any problems and the Hermes lady always brings biscuits for the dogs. Hermes is great for sending stuff too, really cheap......

I have never had a problem with Hermes either - I also like the fact that they now have drop off/pick up points in local shops around us so if I'm not going to be in it's nice to just drop it off at one of these and away it goes. Hermes in our area have a regular driver - he works all hours god sent - we even get deliveries on Sundays sometime - and so cheap compared to the Post Office. I know it's often the luck of the draw but I've been very lucky with them. Yodel locally are a disaster - but I know someone who used to work for them (she left as she could not stand the lack of any organisation) and I know why !!

Tried to arrange for collection of a parcel to be delivered by a courier..There info was that the place didnt exist....I think that in truth it was somewhere which was a bit too far out from their regular routes and wouldnt be cost effective.

Tried to arrange for collection of a parcel to be delivered by a courier..There info was that the place didnt exist....I think that in truth it was somewhere which was a bit too far out from their regular routes and wouldnt be cost effective.

I think this will be the norm.

All hail to the Post Office, their service is now second to none.. I can get a package from Denbyshire to here in Cornwall in the time it would take me to drive there and back without so much a a stop for an overpriced muffin and grotty cofee at Bristol services!

Yeghes da

I have had 1st class parcels delivered earlier in the day than a timed express extra loads of money parcel....although sometimes the guaranteed next day delivery is only slightly more than ordinary recorded.

Latest posts

Back