Mated queens by post

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Radek

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
I ordered queen by Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed. Yesterday has been dispatched but today no queen. Tracking shows that was sent yesterday evening (7pm or so) in Chester and was going to hub in Sheffield which is about 30 minutes from me by car and I was shocked that parcel was sent to Newcastle Upon Tyne. at 4AM today and it is stucked till now. It could be there forever. I think I will call it Royal Mail Special Next Week Delivery. Bustards!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-15-14-28-38-584_com.royalmail.app.droid.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-15-14-28-38-584_com.royalmail.app.droid.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 0
I cant really help here. But due to a distrust in reliable postal services, I do not order anything where weekend deliveries are likely. You are always let down :(

Was it sent by guaranteed next day (Saturday) delivery? If not then guaranteed next day would be Monday - there's a surcharge for Saturday, can't imagine why though.

While unfortunate, it should hopefully arrive on Monday. A quick email to the supplier, a call to Royal Mail Customer Services and possibly a call to Sheffield delivery office. Your Queen will survive the ordeal, if not it will be replaced.

Latest posts

Back