polystyrene Bee Hives

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is good to buy these? I have googled and seen a few places but i would rather buy via a recommendation. I don't want to get ripped off!!

Yea two minutes to clean as it's a schultz gun their is no needle or anything just simple air flowing over the pipe down to the paint that create suction and pulls the paint up and out.

Thanks for advice. I'm sure it will repair okay as damaged part is a major structural problem - just want to make it bee proof.

Isn't Weathershield a bit thick for spraying?.If you thinned it down,how much water did you add-thin out to a light cream perhaps?

With the Screwfix spraygun comes a small funnel. You add water to paint and count how many seconds it takes to run through the little hole at the bottom. Match to manufacturer's recommendations and spray.

Do a wall first, that way you can gain confidence in the amount, gain skill in the use and you'll be ad-libbing it all the way from there. You'll see by the jet or pref spray whether it's too think/too thin.

Clean with half tank of wate sprayed through after use - don't forget the few drops of oil

RTFM

Has anyone any experience with these? They are so cheap in comparison to all the wooden ones i have seen.

For a beginner, do you think they are worth while?

Love them, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, the civilised world, (Finman??!!) all use them and accept their worth.

Mod Beek - give good service and are going through stock reception at moment.

http://tinyurl.com/4xlovfj

Where is good to buy these? I have googled and seen a few places but i would rather buy via a recommendation. I don't want to get ripped off!!

Modern Beekeeping, and Paynes also now do Poly, happy with both, but MB have interlocking components which has been useful.

There will be trouble in the future with the "interlocking".

Not a new idea but one that in it's wooden guise was not a great success and I cannot see it being much better in poly.

PH

There will be trouble in the future with the "interlocking".

Not a new idea but one that in it's wooden guise was not a great success and I cannot see it being much better in poly.

PH

None reported after donkey's years use in Europe.

I was a little sceptical to begin with to but after a few uses you get the hang of the lip and after that it works just fine.

I am moving some hives tonight and expect not to have to strap them together excessively like I did with a national incase the parts slipped.

Back