Plant/Weed ID Please.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure Dani had a pic of some of these on Facebook. I'm sure she will let you know.

I was out walking the pooches earlier and I caught a lovely fragrance on the breeze..when I got closer I found these little beauties..
Any ideas my forum guru..

Petasites fragrans
Also known as Butterbur or Winter Heliotrope
Blooming now and have nectar and pollen if bees can get to them.

Petasites fragrans
Also known as Butterbur or Winter Heliotrope
Blooming now and have nectar and pollen if bees can get to them.

Smack on..... well-done, loads round here. Seems to a good year for it.
E

Don't put them anywhere you don't want them to spread. You will never get rid of them!
E

Thanks for that everyone..how do they cope with being dug up and transferred as i could do with them at my Northumberland site.. the swamp land bellow the willows would be ideal.

I assume you will ask the landowner's consent before digging them up, and digging from the "wild" is a definate no-no.

:rules:

According to tinternet, it's a non-native species so I'm not sure if that makes a difference regarding digging them up. They have a lovely scent and saw lots of solitary bees - shiney black things - all over them yesterday.

CVB

Don't put them anywhere you don't want them to spread. You will never get rid of them!

You're right on that one. I've had such weed on my garden and I know for sure how hard can it be.

Latest posts

Back