Pipe and brylcream

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't that Just William helping local beek to check that Tinkers, Gypsies or a tramp haven't made off with a brood frame bearing HM????

On a related note - I hear that only the other day Kazmcc was threatening to thcream and thcream until she was thick.

Last edited:
i'm sure that many beekeepers still like a good shag, even if the requirement for protection in modern times may lessen sensitivity!!!

I see that little Johnny is optimistically holding a jar in one hand, but I'm not sure what he has in the other. Is that a bee cosh, or maybe even a bee whistle?

P.S. Maybe start a caption competition? :)

"Dont accept sweets from strangers"

"...53, 54, 55 - Dad, can we go home? I must surely have immunity to arthritis and rheumatism by now..."

"Now isnt this much more fun than a train set"

Isn't that Just William helping local beek to check that Tinkers, Gypsies or a tramp haven't made off with a brood frame bearing HM????

On a related note - I hear that only the other day Kazmcc was threatening to thcream and thcream until she was thick.

Heh heh....actually, must have worked. I've been awfully sick for days :eek:

Does that man ever put his pipe down? Just wondering......

When I first took up beekeeping in the 70s there was an old boy in the local bka who always smoked his pipe when working the bees. One day someone persuaded him he really ought to wear a veil as a good example to the newcomers, so he put one on.
Then he collapsed in a choking fit because he was still puffing his pipe - surprising how the mesh restricts the flow of air (and smoke)!

Ray

I see that little Johnny is optimistically holding a jar in one hand, but I'm not sure what he has in the other. Is that a bee cosh, or maybe even a bee whistle?

P.S. Maybe start a caption competition? :)

OMG..... I forgot about that one, I was a boy model...............

Grandad... can I have some BeePee for my go~ped?

papa why are you counting the bees , are we having honey for tea:)? golly gosh mummy will be pleased! :)

"Now promise you wont tell anybody I showed you this"

Great Books those Young Farmers Club Booklets

Here he is again showing the correct way to handle a brood frame - minus veil of course! This is a later edition of the book.
Excellent books for use in school when education was real - in many ways!

Last edited:
If you want to have a go son then you must suck on my pipe!!!!!

Set of hives in school from the same book

At the end of the row they have run out of veils!

The pipe and smoker is still being used in the modern game. Unfortunately it's our overseas cousins taking a lead.

Check out the smoking at 1:43.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBxAxFTrXU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUBxAxFTrXU[/ame]

Bobster

PS Conditions apply. Bees can get angry. Never blow pipe smoke on bees without a veil and/or friend handy.

Latest posts

Back