Pimp my Poly

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the informal use of pimp....
PIMP-INFORMAL
make (something) more showy or impressive.
"he pimped up the car with spoilers and twin-spoke 18-inch alloys"

Not as in he sold his poly nuc for sexual acts. Although the mind boggles...

Oops. Thanks BF! So, used as in 'pimp and preen'. Helen pimped and preened her poly nuc.

The nuc and modification looks good 👍 reminding me to probably get started for the year.

I can not believe you have had to explain the meaning..i thought some folk on here knew everything..:D

Yes but you are forgeting the average age of most beeks

well that puts you and me about the same, but if you want to feel young again go to your local beek meeting, on the other hand if you want to feel like a teenager again attend a bibba meeting

Oops. Thanks BF! So, used as in 'pimp and preen'. Helen pimped and preened her poly nuc.

Hello Madge ... I thought the usual word preceding 'preen' in this context would be 'primp'? Certainly there's a load of beauty salon-type places online which seem to have this as a name. Anyone who knows me would be aware I have no direct knowledge or experience of that ;)

From the OED primp: a. transitive. To make (the hair, clothes, etc.) neat and tidy; to smarten (something) up. Also reflexive: to neaten one's appearance, esp. in a fussy or affected manner or to an excessive degree.

Apparently dates back to about 1590 ... a relative newcomer in comparison to preen which dates back another couple of hundred years.

well that puts you and me about the same, but if you want to feel young again go to your local beek meeting, on the other hand if you want to feel like a teenager again attend a bibba meeting
If yee want's to feel like a teenager again try humping Scaffold about all day... that certainly makes you want to be a teen again..:spy:

Hello Madge ... I thought the usual word preceding 'preen' in this context would be 'primp'? ...

Thank you, Fatshark! That explains why I couldn't find anything on Google to confirm that pimp also means something showy - and 'pimping and preening' didn't feel quite right either.

Sometimes my English lets me down spectacularly. Can I make the excuse that it's my second language? Probably not.

Have you ever been to a BIBBA meeting?

Age is just a number... I know many Beeks in their " middle age" who are silly old farts!

:calmdown:

I think it's fair to say it is a word that should be used carefully.....;)

I've not been to a BIBBA meeting myself but I get the local meeting one totally, I'm 46 this year and feel young by comparison to most of them, my Brother is ten yours younger than I so goodness knows how old he feels :coolgleamA:

Latest posts

Back