Pictures of your hives and where you keep them..

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all.

Yes, it's lovely up there but a bit blowey at times.

The hive tied to the turret was the original. We were worried about the effects of wind and the heat of the sun on the lead roof. So we located it there as a trial.

Dusty

It's an awesome location Dusty ... short of a hurricane you should be OK with the weight of the hive and those planks ... Manchester will have a lot more to worry about if it gets to the point where your hives become airborne !!

I moved my hives last saturday and the new site is pictured on my blog if you'd like to have a look.

Hmbees.b l o g s p o t.co.uk

M

New Home.
NUC with swarm - once its bursting will transfer frames to hive below...
Green hive Standard brood box only half full rest of space is blanked off - waiting on bees to finish moving up to tasty new 14 x12 frames.

next is some more grass cutting then a bit of work on the ground to level out the bumps so i can get a wheelbarrow in better...
possibly a bark Chipping path and under hives.

Silver and Bronze in their temporary home 2 weeks ago, prior to being moved into new dez rez. Glad it was only 3 miles! :)

My new site,
1003289_373664552735043_321231270_n.jpg

In a fruit cage. used to stop the dog getting stung being stung on the nose; as he used to bend down to sniff the landing board
:)

In a fruit cage. used to stop the dog getting stung being stung on the nose; as he used to bend down to sniff the landing board
:)

Shame on you caging them up like that - why can't you let them roam freely?

Even gooseberries like to stray far and wide

Think its more likely to keep thing out than things out !!
BR.

The cornfields dot the hillside, Where once there was hickory and chestnut.

Mine yesterday

Nice lawn ..... How's the OCD?
smiley-chores005.gif

Nice lawn ..... How's the OCD?
smiley-chores005.gif

The doctor says it is under control as long as I take the medicine and attend my daily clinics....:serenade:

A Highwayman was hanged in the hedge behind the hives in the 1700s.

Do my eyes deceive me or are some of the hives not vertical ? Especially on the right?

Or is it lens distortion?

The wall is shoulder height next to the kitchen window on 'their' side - hence the debris netting

Latest posts

Back